Put extra info on the Submition Confirmation page?

Put extra info on the Submition Confirmation page?

Post by Mike » Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:57:56

I haev a page set up to submit information to a database and it works just fine.  After I click
Submit, it comes back with a screen telling me what has been submitted.  In the actual DB there is
an Autonumber field.  I would like on the COnfirmation page to display that was submitted (like it
currently is) but also show the Autonumber that was assigned to the info as a sort of "Confirmation
Number" to give to the person submitting the data incase they need to access it later.

How can I do this?  Is the confirmation page a separate page somewhere that I can add a DRW to to
pull that one field or something like that?  The address bar has the Submission_Form.asp for the
submitting and the confirmation page so I'm not sure what I would edit.

Thanks.

Put extra info on the Submition Confirmation page?

Post by Thomas A. Row » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:00:37

Time to learn how to hand code ASP.

You have to custom code a confirmation page, as the default page is
generated by a webbot, so it can't be modified.

As a start see:
http://www.asp101.com/samples/db_add.asp

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Quote:> I haev a page set up to submit information to a database and it works just
> fine.  After I click
> Submit, it comes back with a screen telling me what has been submitted.
> In the actual DB there is
> an Autonumber field.  I would like on the COnfirmation page to display
> that was submitted (like it
> currently is) but also show the Autonumber that was assigned to the info
> as a sort of "Confirmation
> Number" to give to the person submitting the data incase they need to
> access it later.

> How can I do this?  Is the confirmation page a separate page somewhere
> that I can add a DRW to to
> pull that one field or something like that?  The address bar has the
> Submission_Form.asp for the
> submitting and the confirmation page so I'm not sure what I would edit.

> Thanks.

Put extra info on the Submition Confirmation page?

Post by Mike » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:35:55

How do I make the submission page submit the data and then display a new confirmation page if I make
one?

Quote:>Time to learn how to hand code ASP.

Post by Thomas A. Row » Thu, 13 Mar 2003 01:47:20

See the full set of samples dealing with databases at http://www.asp101.com

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

> How do I make the submission page submit the data and then display a new
> confirmation page if I make
> one?

> >Time to learn how to hand code ASP.

> >You have to custom code a confirmation page, as the default page is
> >generated by a webbot, so it can't be modified.

> >As a start see:
> >http://www.asp101.com/samples/db_add.asp

1. Difficulty putting a form on a confirmation page

I am trying to split my form into two sections - by putting the second half
of the form on the confirmation page which is called up when the user
submits the first half.

When I do this and submit the first form it looks like both forms are being
submitted together - I get a validation error saying that the required
fields on the second form are empty.

Is there any way of preventing this.

I also want to use one field as common in both forms - without asking the
user to key in the information a second time. How can I get the system to
'remember' the common field when the second form is submitted.

I think I am probably being too ambitious for a rookie.

Regards

2. The Atari XBox

3. Display info on Confirmation Page

4. CE Voice Recorder question

5. How do I present user info in confirmation page

6. Rejoice!

7. Replace function put some extra <ul>

8. Color Finder

9. FP putting in extraneous info

10. Email confirmation AND confirmation page=zip file

11. Confirmation fields on a non-confirmation page

12. Form submition error

13. FP Email submition not working