vbscript

Post by Richar » Thu, 01 May 2003 15:07:49

Hi

My front page doesn't seem to recognise vbscript. I copied
some script from some asp pages which works on the browser.
but when i copy it to Frontpage and preview it, it doesn't
work.

Appreciate if you could show me the way. Thanks is advance

Richard

vbscript

Post by Thomas A. Row » Thu, 01 May 2003 15:16:54

In order to test VBScript, the page need to be named .asp and you must test
it on a web server via http://localhost/pagename.asp or on your live site as
http://www.yourdomainname.com/pagename.asp

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Quote:> Hi

> My front page doesn't seem to recognise vbscript. I copied
> some script from some asp pages which works on the browser.
> but when i copy it to Frontpage and preview it, it doesn't
> work.

> Appreciate if you could show me the way. Thanks is advance

> Richard

vbscript

Post by Richar » Thu, 01 May 2003 15:50:34

Thanks

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>In order to test VBScript, the page need to be named .asp
and you must test
>it on a web server via http://localhost/pagename.asp or

on your live site as
>http://www.yourdomainname.com/pagename.asp

>--

>Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
>WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
>http://www.ycoln-resources.com
>FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
>MS KB Quick Links, etc.
>To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage
support see:
>http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

>> Hi

>> My front page doesn't seem to recognise vbscript. I
copied
>> some script from some asp pages which works on the
browser.
>> but when i copy it to Frontpage and preview it, it
doesn't
>> work.

>> Appreciate if you could show me the way. Thanks is
advance

>> Richard

>.

vbscript

Post by Kevin Spence » Thu, 01 May 2003 20:50:04

...that is, if you're talking about server-side scripting. VBScript can also
be used for client-side scripting, in which case, none of what you said is
necessary. I only mention this because Richard didn't say what kind of
scripting he obtained. VBScript is not used much for client-side scripting,
as it isn't supported by Netscrape, but I thought it would be worth
mentioning.

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Six of One of half of
One of a dozen of the Other.

> In order to test VBScript, the page need to be named .asp and you must
test
> it on a web server via http://localhost/pagename.asp or on your live site
as
> http://www.yourdomainname.com/pagename.asp

> --

> Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
> MS KB Quick Links, etc.
> To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

> > Hi

> > My front page doesn't seem to recognise vbscript. I copied
> > some script from some asp pages which works on the browser.
> > but when i copy it to Frontpage and preview it, it doesn't
> > work.

> > Appreciate if you could show me the way. Thanks is advance

> > Richard

vbscript

Good point!