Microsoft FrontPage 98 BETA Installation Notes

Microsoft FrontPage 98 BETA Installation Notes

Post by hand » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Greetings:

>Here is my experience on installing the BETA (please read my other post on
>the BETA as well concerning the fact this is a BETA product).
>Peter Perchansky,  Computer Consultant & Microsoft FrontPage MVP
>PMP Computer Solutions
>Custom CGI?  Yes, we do that too!
>FrontPage Web Hosting at http://www.pmpcs.com/services/fpwebhosting.htm
>FrontPage Support http://www.pmpcs.com/support/frontpage.htm

   Beta software might have some trial and limitations, but often so
does non-beta software : )

Microsoft FrontPage 98 BETA Installation Notes

Post by Steven Ledwit » Mon, 11 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I installed the BETA over the FP97 extensions and all of my subwebs
remained intact. I think the software has no way of telling the difference
between subwebs and subdirectories unless the previous extensions are in
place.

Steve Ledwith

FrontPage Web Hosting at http://www.sanjoseweb.com/

Quote:> Greetings:

> Here is my experience on installing the BETA (please read my other post
on
> the BETA as well concerning the fact this is a BETA product).

> Install went smoothly; though I did play safe and uninstall the
extensions
> prior to doing the install.

> My content was located in d:\FronPage Webs\Content, and I had several
> subwebs.

> The beta choose WebShare\wwwroot as the content location (I let it
install
> the MS PWS).

> I had to uninstall the extensions, change the administration settings to
> point to my old content area (stopping and starting the PWS afterwards),
> and then reinstall the extensions in order for FrontPage Explorer to
> recognize my old content.

> BUT, guess what?  It DID NOT recognize the old subwebs as being subwebs;
> they were all converted to regular directories under the root.

> I had to uninstall the extensions, move them outside of the root
directory,
> reinstall the extensions, and then use the import wizard to bring them
back
> into the system as a real subweb.

> --
> Peter Perchansky,  Computer Consultant & Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> PMP Computer Solutions
> Custom CGI?  Yes, we do that too!
> FrontPage Web Hosting at http://www.pmpcs.com/services/fpwebhosting.htm
> FrontPage Support http://www.pmpcs.com/support/frontpage.htm

1. Beta Available / Installation Notes

The MS FP 98 beta is available at http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage

When installing Beta 1.5 it was done over the top of MS PWS without any
reinstallation of the prior version. No problems were encounter, except
that it will remove all registry menu items that have been defined, i.e.,
J-BOTS or SEND IT!. Both can be reinstalled.

Please note that a number of the new feature do not function without FP 98
extensions. I did not find a 97 WebBot that did not function using the 97
or 98 extensions.

No major problems have been encounter in this version and a lot of the
problems found in Beta 1 have been corrected.

--
MD - Microsoft Frontpage MVP
http://WebsUnlimited.com

2. High Speed Networks training wanted

3. Microsoft FrontPage 98 BETA -- PLEASE READ

4. Money?

5. Microsoft Makes Available Free Beta Of FrontPage 98

6. Please help - Windows ME hotsync nightmare...

7. FrontPage 98 on Windows 98 Beta 3

8. buy cad for mac

9. Frontpage EXPRESS or Microsoft FrontPage 98

10. Problems with Outlook 98 Beta after solving FP 98 problem

11. windows 98 beta and FP 98

12. Beta Release Additional Component for Frontpage 98