e-mailing an asp form in FP 2000

Post by David Berr » Sun, 24 Sep 2000 04:00:00

If you're using the FP Forms Handler "web bot" then no, it cannot be a .asp
page.  You can however ask your ISP if they have a different forms handler
such as ASPMail, CDONTS etc that you can use.

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP

Quote:> Hi,

Post by Dave Morrisse » Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:35:12

Hi,

I am having trouble e-mailing a form generated using the DRW. The form will
not e-mail, write to a txt file or give out the confirmation page.

I am able to do this using a standard html form. Is this a "feature" of
FP2000, i.e. that it cannot e-mail asp generated forms??

Kind Regards

Dave Morrissey

e-mailing an asp form in FP 2000

Post by Jimc » Mon, 25 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Actually, it is a "feature" of the Save Results component!  The Server
Extensions cannot parse an ASP page because it would be considered a
security breach.  If you want to do this with an ASP page, you would need to
use CDONTS, ASPMail, or something similar.

--
Jimco
FrontPage 2000 Add-ins FREE!

Quote:> Hi,

> I am having trouble e-mailing a form generated using the DRW. The form
will
> not e-mail, write to a txt file or give out the confirmation page.

> I am able to do this using a standard html form. Is this a "feature" of
> FP2000, i.e. that it cannot e-mail asp generated forms??

> Kind Regards

> Dave Morrissey

1. ASP confirmation page after e-mailing form

I'm using the webbot SaveResults in FrontPage to send a form to an
e-mailadress. I'm using an own confirmation-page. The problem is that this
page must be a HTML-page and I would like to use an ASP-page (and the
ASP-code should be executed). Is this possible and how do I do it?

Thanks for any help!

/H?kan

2. 5260's with ISDN callin using Dialer Profiles and Tac+

3. e-mailing forms in FP

4. REFERHQ!!!

5. e-mailing form results to a collected form field

6. DHCP et QNX RTP 6

7. E-mailing forms that are created using the Form wizard

8. Help: as in, Install on Thinkpad wont go

9. e-mailing a form

10. e-mailing form results to more than one address

11. Problem e-mailing data from form

12. e-mailing input from forms

13. E-mailing Results of Form