FP does not store linked pictures etc.

Post by Sunil Sinh » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

First IMPORT the image files or the files you want other people to download
in your FP, then insert them wherever you want them to. IMPORT is the
keyword here.

Sunil Sinha
AIMS Computers

Quote:> if I establish a new link on my page with the aim to show a picture to the
> user or to download a file, FP 98 does not store the linked picture or
file.
> The days before FP always asked me to store the picture or file in my FP
> web. During the last ours I worked with FP the links always remained with
> the local URL pointing to the source of the linked file on my computer.
The
> linked object never is stored in the FP web. The result of this is, that
the
> linked files never can bee found if the web is online, because the linked
> files are missing.

> I work with FP 98 and have tested on 2 computers. It's always the same.

> Has anyone an idea for this problem?
> Thank you for support,

> regards, Klaus Lang

> http://www.camera-exchange.de
> the source for Leica & Minox cameras.

FP does not store linked pictures etc.

Post by Theresa Bennet » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Create separate folders in your web for 'images' and 'downloads' making sure
you put them (or save them) into the web folders by inserting them or
importing them, and link to them from these folders. Then, when you upload
your changes, they will upload to your server and be available, and you will
be able to keep track of them and where they're at.

--
Theresa Bennett
www.webworksite.com