Collapsible lists ??

Post by Mary Youn » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 06:59:31

Hi

I'm using FrontPage 2000 and have a question I  (believe) I read that if you
create a collapsible list in FrontPage .. it can only be viewed as a
collapsible list by IE not NetScape? If this is true .. could you suggest a
script or possible alternative so that I can make a list to be viewed in all
browsers?

Thanks!

Quote:>  ^. .^ <

    Mary
 ------------
"The world of reality has its limits.
The world of imagination is boundless."
                                                    ----  Rousseau

 http://home.columbus.rr.com/youngone

Collapsible lists ??

Post by Gregor Ferguso » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 07:30:11

http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm
http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate2.htm

--
Gregor.

http://eastfife.bravepages.com

> Hi

> I'm using FrontPage 2000 and have a question I  (believe) I read that if
you
> create a collapsible list in FrontPage .. it can only be viewed as a
> collapsible list by IE not NetScape? If this is true .. could you suggest
> script or possible alternative so that I can make a list to be viewed in
all
> browsers?

> Thanks!
> >  ^. .^ <
>     Mary
>  ------------
> "The world of reality has its limits.
> The world of imagination is boundless."
>                                                     ----  Rousseau

>  http://home.columbus.rr.com/youngone

Collapsible lists ??

Post by Jon Spive » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 08:02:23

Hi Mary,
that's true - to make the list work in modern browsers - IE4 + Netscape 6+
etc needs a few lines of script, eg
http://www.roksteady.net/ng/list/
this can be done in netscape 4 - but it's a lot more work

Jon
Microsoft MVP - FP

> Hi

> I'm using FrontPage 2000 and have a question I  (believe) I read that if
you
> create a collapsible list in FrontPage .. it can only be viewed as a
> collapsible list by IE not NetScape? If this is true .. could you suggest
> script or possible alternative so that I can make a list to be viewed in
all
> browsers?

> Thanks!
> >  ^. .^ <
>     Mary
>  ------------
> "The world of reality has its limits.
> The world of imagination is boundless."
>                                                     ----  Rousseau

>  http://home.columbus.rr.com/youngone

Collapsible lists ??

Post by Jm » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:12:12

Hi Mary,

    ASP scripts work well too. Take a look at www.aspfree.com and
www.asp101.com If they don't work, Dynamic Drive mentioned above is good.
There are countless others as well. Try a google search for Collapsible
Lists.

Jm

> Hi

> I'm using FrontPage 2000 and have a question I  (believe) I read that if
you
> create a collapsible list in FrontPage .. it can only be viewed as a
> collapsible list by IE not NetScape? If this is true .. could you suggest
> script or possible alternative so that I can make a list to be viewed in
all
> browsers?

> Thanks!
> >  ^. .^ <
>     Mary
>  ------------
> "The world of reality has its limits.
> The world of imagination is boundless."
>                                                     ----  Rousseau

>  http://home.columbus.rr.com/youngone

1. How to create collapsible lists/menus from bulleted list?

I am tearing my hair out because FP doesn't do what I want to to do (there's
a first).

I have created a nested bulleted list of hyperlinks which I want to convert
to a a collapsible menu/list. I right-click the level and enable the option
in the "List Properties" menu, but when I preview it in IE4, it still shows
the nested bulleted list!

What am I doing wrong here?

Any help gladly appreciated....

Thanks

paul
-

Tel UK: 01225 315115                                    Berkeley House
Fax UK: 01225 312923                                    Lower Bristol Road
Tel Int +44 1225 315115                                 Bath BA2 3BH
Fax Int +44 1225 312923                                 United Kingdom
------ The uk.media.tv.sf.x-files Home Page
         http://www.netvision.co.uk/x-files ------------

2. Talisker & Peregrine

3. Collapsible List

4. NAT and MS NetMeeting

5. Problem with collapsible lists in Frontpage

6. HP-DAT C1599A Driver for OS/2

7. Collapsible Lists

8. Will anyone buy NT?? (Re: I will NEVER buy Windows 95 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( Who really gives a shit what you buy

9. Changing cursor for collapsible list

10. Collapsible Lists help please

11. Collapsible lists again, still having problems.

12. Collapsible lists does anyone know?????

13. Collapsible lists in FrontPage2002