Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

Post by Ivaylo Petro » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 19:39:38



Hi, I want to add one and the same  meta tag for every page in the FP
web [e.g
<meta name="webmaster" content="Some_name"> to be put in every new page
in the web]
FP itself has two so-called "general" tags, like this one:
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
but I can not find where this could be changed or add new ones
Does anyone knows how to add this - new tags in the web,
automatically...
I do not want to go to every page I create and do this - it has to be a
way to do this global.

Thanks in advance

Ivaylo Petrov
Elsys Ltd

 
 
 

Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

Post by TPweb » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 21:27:33


Go to TOOLS | WEB SETTINGS | PARAMETERS | ADD

NAME= webmaster
VALUE = Some_name

I do not think this will work for pages already built, works best at the
beginning and will automatically be added to each page.

A program such as Meta Tag builder from http://www.hisoftware.com would do
the trick for an existing web. Download the trial and see what you think.


Quote:> Hi, I want to add one and the same  meta tag for every page in the FP
> web [e.g
> <meta name="webmaster" content="Some_name"> to be put in every new page
> in the web]
> FP itself has two so-called "general" tags, like this one:
> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
> but I can not find where this could be changed or add new ones
> Does anyone knows how to add this - new tags in the web,
> automatically...
> I do not want to go to every page I create and do this - it has to be a
> way to do this global.

> Thanks in advance

> Ivaylo Petrov
> Elsys Ltd


 
 
 

Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

Post by Ivaylo Petro » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 23:29:37


Thanks, TPwebs,
but it does not work here with me (MS FP 2000, Ver 4.0.2.2717). This do not
add meta tags even in the new files. I'll try the software you told me...

Quote:> Go to TOOLS | WEB SETTINGS | PARAMETERS | ADD

> NAME= webmaster
> VALUE = Some_name

 
 
 

Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

Post by TPweb » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 23:36:29


HI,
This is from the Fromtpage 2000 HELP file,

Add a system META-variable to a page
To add information to the HTTP header for a page, add a system
META-variable. This variable corresponds to the HTTP-EQUIV attribute in the
META tag and will not be visible to site visitors. This META tag can supply
special instructions to a Web browser, such as an expiration date or a
display-refresh value.

In Page view, right-click the page, and then click Page Properties on the
shortcut menu.
Click the Custom tab.
Under System variables, click Add.
In the Name box, type the name of the variable.
In the Value box, type the value of the variable.


Quote:

> Thanks, TPwebs,
> but it does not work here with me (MS FP 2000, Ver 4.0.2.2717). This do
not
> add meta tags even in the new files. I'll try the software you told me...

> > Go to TOOLS | WEB SETTINGS | PARAMETERS | ADD

> > NAME= webmaster
> > VALUE = Some_name

 
 
 

Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

Post by Stephen Travi » Sun, 07 Jan 2001 00:15:33


Ivaylo... the FP template is located at;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Pages\normal.tem\nornal.htm

Add your meta tag there and it will appear for every 'Normal Page' you create.


> Hi, I want to add one and the same  meta tag for every page in the FP
> web [e.g
> <meta name="webmaster" content="Some_name"> to be put in every new page
> in the web]
> FP itself has two so-called "general" tags, like this one:
> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
> but I can not find where this could be changed or add new ones
> Does anyone knows how to add this - new tags in the web,
> automatically...
> I do not want to go to every page I create and do this - it has to be a
> way to do this global.

> Thanks in advance

> Ivaylo Petrov
> Elsys Ltd

 
 
 

1. meta tags insert before title tag

No, you'll need to continue to do it manually.  Unfortunately, it's been
this way for years in all versions.
--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
  http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
-----

: I use FrontPage 2002 and have noticed that whenever I add
: <meta> tags using either the Page properties, it places
: them above the <title> tag.
:
: I understand that this can cause problems with search
: engine placement, so I must manually move the <title> tag
: so it is above all the <meta> tags for every page in my
: web.
:
: Is there a way to fix this problem?
:
: Darrin Langen

2. In Win98 phone dialer there are 2 settings underTools....

3. Global Meta tags possible?

4. HP CapShare

5. Global Meta Tags, Is it Possible?

6. cheap pcs, loaded!

7. Global meta-tags and server busy error

8. registery load problem

9. Adding meta tag to all pages

10. How to add meta tags and title to my html

11. Adding sound using meta tags?

12. Problem adding Meta tags to threaded Discussion web

13. meta-tag add-in