Starting Frontpage - TCP/IP not installed.

Starting Frontpage - TCP/IP not installed.

Post by H. Hanse » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi....

I have a problem starting FrontPage 97/98....

It says that it have to look for my machines IP number/domain, I press
OK....and when it claims that TCP/IP isn't installed. I follow the
directions in the help, and my Dial Up adapter is bound to the TCP/IP
protocol..... Grrr...  However, I can call my Internet Service Provider.. I
that case TCP/IP must be installed and working correct....

Why doesn't frontpage accept that...

I would appreciate some help on this one, since I am almost going nuts.  ;-)

Thanx in advance

Henrik Hansen
/T/S/E/

Starting Frontpage - TCP/IP not installed.

Post by Phil Barne » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Have a look at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/2/67.asp

 Phil B

>Hi....

>I have a problem starting FrontPage 97/98....

>It says that it have to look for my machines IP number/domain, I press
>OK....and when it claims that TCP/IP isn't installed. I follow the
>directions in the help, and my Dial Up adapter is bound to the TCP/IP
>protocol..... Grrr...  However, I can call my Internet Service Provider.. I
>that case TCP/IP must be installed and working correct....

>Why doesn't frontpage accept that...

>I would appreciate some help on this one, since I am almost going nuts.
;-)

>Thanx in advance

>Henrik Hansen
>/T/S/E/

Starting Frontpage - TCP/IP not installed.

Post by Jens Peter Karls » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

See this KB article:
FP: No 32-bit TCP/IP Error After Installing Winsock 2.0
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q179/2/67.asp

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Quote:>Hi....

>I have a problem starting FrontPage 97/98....

>It says that it have to look for my machines IP number/domain, I press
>OK....and when it claims that TCP/IP isn't installed. I follow the
>directions in the help, and my Dial Up adapter is bound to the TCP/IP
>protocol..... Grrr...  However, I can call my Internet Service Provider.. I
>that case TCP/IP must be installed and working correct....

>Why doesn't frontpage accept that...

>I would appreciate some help on this one, since I am almost going nuts.  ;-)

>Thanx in advance

>Henrik Hansen
>/T/S/E/

1. FrontPage and TCP/IP, error: FP requires 32-bit TCP/IP networking

I was working with two profiles (standalone and connected to network).
When working local, I didn't have the TCP/IP stuff active, so I didn't
have a hostname, localhost and IP address.
Now I installed Dial-Up Networking locally, it did all the binding stuff
(TCP/IP, winsocket etc.) and now it's working. Frontpage and even the
Personal Web Server, which didn't run local as well, is working fine
now.

IP Address is 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

Joerg Wind

===========================

I installed FP98 on NT4 with a personal web server. When working
standalone on my notebook and starting up FP Explorer following message
appears:
"FP requires 32-bit TCO/IP networking. Yo do not have 32-bit TCP/IP
networking installed."

But when looking in my network settings, I find TCP/IP installed.

I would appreciate any help.

J. Wind

2. I/O Sharing: Locking/Unlo

3. Getting FrontPage up and running : "TCP/IP not installed" message

4. SNMP Agent testing

5. req original songs

6. Problems with TCP/IP configuration and starting up the Frontpage 1.1 Explorer

7. Interrupt vector

8. "32-bit TCP/IP Networking is not installed" - but IT IS!!

9. FP declares 32 bit tcp/ip is not installed.

10. TCP/IP not installed?

11. Solution to "32-bit TCP/IP Not Installed " with PWS4.0

12. Help with FP98 32bit TCP/IP not installed