Page background colors won't match banner background

Page background colors won't match banner background

Post by Mike Pococ » Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:10:12

I usually use basic white backgrounds for web projects but this time a
graphic artist has presented fabulous title and banner graphics with a color
background. The color background is not one of the standard 256 colors so I
used the color selector tool to select the color within the banner to match
the page background color - my thinking being that as long as the colors in
the page background and banner background match - then the various browsers
will display the banner color and page background color the same way. This
does not appear to be the case. Different systems show the banner box
background as a different color from the page background.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

(The banner/background where created within Photoshop and a hex code of
30,61,5b was used as the background color.  I used the same hex code with
the FrontPage background selector tool.)

Page background colors won't match banner background

Post by Allan Webbe » Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:05:42

Mike

Make it a gif file, and set the background colour as a
transparency.

If the image is too big for this, try splitting it into
separate gif files.

Take a look at this (sorry about the mess - it's only a test
site)

http://www.mediascene.co.uk/wian/corporate/

Notice the bottle on the right, which is 4 gif files, held
in 4 cells of a table.

regards

Allan
--