FrontPage extensions going away - what are Unix hosting providers planning to do?

FrontPage extensions going away - what are Unix hosting providers planning to do?

Post by Chris Harringto » Fri, 02 May 2003 12:10:23

Hi,

Given that FrontPage Extensions are officially depricated, I am curious what
Unix hosting providers who use them are planning moving forward.  FP 2003
will provide FTP and WebDAV publishing support.  Will Unix  providers switch
to WebDAV?

FrontPage extensions going away - what are Unix hosting providers planning to do?

Post by Jimco Add-in » Fri, 02 May 2003 23:25:25

I suspect that they will either stick with an earlier version of the Server
Extensions, or you will be using FTP.

--
Jim
Jimco Add-ins

Quote:> Hi,

> Given that FrontPage Extensions are officially depricated, I am curious
what
> Unix hosting providers who use them are planning moving forward.  FP 2003
> will provide FTP and WebDAV publishing support.  Will Unix  providers
switch
> to WebDAV?

1. Ad: Renew your domain name for free with a Frontpage hosting plan from iHost

http://www.ihost.biz
Get your site on the Internet!

Why iHost?

- You need to create a good image for your business.  If your web site is
slow
or is down frequently, that makes you look bad. Don't go with a cheapo or
fly-by-night web host.  Go with an established trusted company that
specializes in small to medium size business web hosting.

- You need to host a dynamic web site.  With ASP, database support, and
plenty
of storage you have everything you need.

What do you get with your account?

Everything you need to create anything from a simple site to a full
eCommerce site for $12/month:

- 200 MB storage
- 5GB/month transfer
- Active Server Pages (ASP)
- 50 POP email accounts
- FrontPage extensions
- Access database
- CardService credit card interface
- Online statistics
- RAID 5 storage
- Fast servers
- Fast T3 connections
- SQL Server available

As a special offer, we will register a domain name or transfer an existing
domain name for FREE!

Please visit our site at http://www.ihost.biz and sign up today!  Email us

Greg Havener
iHost

2. Mflops... More results...

3. Make it go away! [FrontPage Save Results Component]

4. To Firms Developing Games (programmer available)

5. FP Extensions & Host Provider

6. Connecting only at 26,400 thougk I have 33.6kbps

7. Frontpage and Fixed Column widths...am I going mad?

8. ****!!ASR-10 ZIP DISKS WITH EVERY DRUM MACHINE ON IT!!*****

9. My hosting provider wants to kick me out because i use frontpage :((((

10. Hosting Yearly Payment Plans

11. Navigation button transparency goes away and bullet character changes

12. Verdana Serif -- Can I make it go away?

13. unsaved edits don't go away