Need help with "include" page containing rollovers put in a shared border - Top Border

Need help with "include" page containing rollovers put in a shared border - Top Border

Post by jim » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:00:26

I have an include page that is a menu bar with various rollover
states.  It will work find in the body of a webpage as an "include".
However, when I put it in the "Top Border" as an inlcude, the rollover
states (image state changes) do not function but the underlying
hypertext links do.

It is an "Adobe Image Ready" rollover page.

Any ideas on why the image rollover changes do not appear would be
much appreciated.

TIA

Jim. . .

Need help with "include" page containing rollovers put in a shared border - Top Border

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:13:12

Shared borders (and include pages) only include the content inside of
your BODY tags on your main pages (as tables)
So any scripts in the HEAD section either need to be copied to the HEAD
section of all your pages (or put inside the BODY tags of your shared
border pages - if they will work there).  And any BODY "onload=..." must
be put in your main pages

--

Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can
benefit

| I have an include page that is a menu bar with various rollover
| states.  It will work find in the body of a webpage as an "include".
| However, when I put it in the "Top Border" as an inlcude, the rollover
| states (image state changes) do not function but the underlying
| hypertext links do.
|
| It is an "Adobe Image Ready" rollover page.
|
| Any ideas on why the image rollover changes do not appear would be
| much appreciated.
|
| TIA
|
| Jim. . .

1. Shared Borders - auto added <td valign="top" width="24">

Using Frontpage 2002. When FrontPage server with 2000 or
2002 extensions combines the shared borders with the main
page content, the html source code is combined into a
single table "on the fly".

A single row of this table is created that has the left
shared border, the main content and the right shared
border. In the two cases between the left broder and main
content and between the main content and the right shared
border the following is added.

Between the left border and the main content the added
content is:

Between main and right the content is:
<!--msnavigation--></td><td valign="top"
width="24"></td><td valign="top" width="1%">

The addition of the pixel width definition of the table
cell cases the page to no longer pass the Bobby test for
accessibility.  width="24" exists no where in the web site
code.  Not on a single page! or border file!

No content is added to the source code between the top and
left shared borders.

Where can this be fixed.
Any help is appreciated...

Beth

2. WARP and PAS16

3. How To Place a "TOP OF PAGE" Bookmark/Hyperlink Inside a Shared Border ???

4. Linux PPP2.2 - freelist isn't free?

5. Meta tags "Generator" "MS Border" "MS Theme"

6. Windows 2000, slow browsing, pam_ncp_auth

8. Linux, PPP, Max 8 Sessions?

9. "The URL "/" is not contained....."

10. Help with "page include"? Need examples

11. Shared Borders appearing on left and top without gap "L"

12. relevent newbie, question:use include page or use top shared border for navi menu

13. How can I get my Top Level "Global" buttons to roll-over