FPE Error - 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

FPE Error - 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

Post by Microsoft News Serve » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Something happened to my Windows '98 & I lost my registry.

I had to re-install many programs, including PWS & FP 98.

I now get the following error:

FP Explorer Error
 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

I looked for online help & it wasn't!!

I looked in an FP 97 book & it wasn't  much help either.

Does someone know what I need to do in order to fix the problem?

Thank you
ROGER

--

http://dinonet.dyn.ml.org/supercox/

FPE Error - 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

Post by David Berr » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Did you re-setup your network properties?

Dave
====================================
David Berry
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/

The HTML Writers Guild Member
International Webmaster Association Member
Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
MSDN Member
Netscape DevEdge Member
====================================

>Something happened to my Windows '98 & I lost my registry.

>I had to re-install many programs, including PWS & FP 98.

>I now get the following error:

>FP Explorer Error
> 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

>I looked for online help & it wasn't!!

>I looked in an FP 97 book & it wasn't  much help either.

>Does someone know what I need to do in order to fix the problem?

>Thank you
>ROGER

>--

>http://dinonet.dyn.ml.org/supercox/

FPE Error - 'computer' is not a valid host name or IP Address.

Post by Jens Peter Karls » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

In Network properties on the identification tab, change the Computer
name. It can't contain spaces, punctuation or special characters apart
from a hyphen.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 05:51:54 -0600, "Microsoft News Server"