FP meta tags

Post by Roy » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 05:55:17

Are all of the metg tags with Front Page in them required or can I delete
them ?

FP meta tags

Post by David Berr » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 06:43:08

You can delete all of them if you'd like.  Nothing is "required" but you
should have them, and others for the search engines.

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP

>Are all of the metg tags with Front Page in them required or can I delete
>them ?

FP meta tags

Post by Steven Taylo » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 06:22:47

No, No, why? leave it alone if it works.

--
Sensible Solutions,
Steven Taylor

Quote:> Are all of the metg tags with Front Page in them required or can I delete
> them ?

FP meta tags

Post by Eron Tarha » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 06:20:33

you can delete them...

see the free addin here http://www.jimcoaddins.com/com.asp called No
FrontPage Meta

--
???  €??`H?

Quote:> Are all of the metg tags with Front Page in them required or can I delete
> them ?

FP meta tags

Post by Shane Fowlke » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 08:14:47

No meta tag is required

--
Shane Fowlkes
Lighthouse Webs.Net, LLC

---------------------------------

Quote:> Are all of the metg tags with Front Page in them required or can I delete
> them ?

1. HELP/FP 2000: Removing FP Meta Tags

It seems that an iritating bug from FP98 has gotten worse in FP 2000, so I
was wondering if anyone knows of a workaround.

FP has always placed the title tag at the bottom of the <head> instead of
the top and it has always inserted the MS advertisment tags.

<META NAME="GENERATOR" CONTENT="Microsoft FrontPage 4.0">
<META NAME="ProgId" CONTENT="FrontPage.Editor.Document">

In FP 98 you could simply drag the title tag to the approriate spot and you
could also delete the MS tags from either the html view, or from the Page
Properties menu. When you saved the page, your changes would remain.

Unfortunately, FP 2000 still places the title tag in the wrong spot and it
also inserts the MS Ads. The problem I am now having is that I can no longer
remove and correct the problems.

Deleting the MS tags from the html view no longer works. You can delete them
from the Page Properties menu, but if you move the title tag to the top,
they return.

The only options I seem to have is to either be forced to include the MS
tags and have my title tags in the proper place, or remove them and live
with them placed at the bottom.

Does anyone know of a way to fix the problem??

Thanks

2. Textmask

3. Search engines & FP META tags

4. Multiple MUI windows

5. fp meta tags

6. What to do with (don't laugh) Dataframe 20?

7. FP Meta Tags

8. Importing budgets into money

9. How to delete FP meta tags ?

10. Can FP meta tags be left off

11. Meta tag question - how to add global meta tags?

12. meta tags insert before title tag

13. FP Icons and META Tags