FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

Post by Stacey Nichol » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 07:03:36

Does FP2000 give me the ability to print the reports from the report view?
I have my "older files" report and would like to post it on our website.

What do I do?

Thanks,
stacey

FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

Post by John Murth » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 20:06:10

Hi Stacey,
this is from an earlier post by Stefan Rusynko.  Follow the instructions
carefully!
john

===============================
If you go into View Reports All Files and select all files - right click for
Properties Workgroup and assign a Category Name (pick anyone) to all files,
then create a New Page and insert a category bot for that Category you will
end up with a web page which lists all your files and file dates (Preview in
Browser) - mark that page as do not publish and put it in a hidden folder
(and add it to the same Category). Print in Browser

--

For Newsgroup Posts Always Reply to Newsgroup Only!
Direct Emails for Help are Responded to on a Pay for Service Basis.

Quote:> Does FP2000 give me the ability to print the reports from the report view?
> I have my "older files" report and would like to post it on our website.

> What do I do?

> Thanks,
> stacey

FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

Post by MD WebsUnlimited.co » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 20:55:36

Not possible under FP 2K.

--
Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
J-Bots Plus 2000 FrontPage Components

Quote:> Does FP2000 give me the ability to print the reports from the report view?
> I have my "older files" report and would like to post it on our website.

> What do I do?

> Thanks,
> stacey

FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

Post by John Murth » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 21:28:36

Mike,
I beg to differ.  Did you try the suggested method?  The only difference is
that Stacey needs "older files", not "all files".  That is easily done.  I
just did one in about two minutes:
<http://www.users.qwest.net/~karenandjen/kj/fileprint.htm>
Have a look-see.  I did not invent this method; as I stated, it was
suggested some time go by Stefan Rusynko
Respectfully,
john

> Not possible under FP 2K.

> --
> Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> J-Bots Plus 2000 FrontPage Components
> 50 components Drop Downs / PopUp Windows
> http://WebsUnlimited.com

> > Does FP2000 give me the ability to print the reports from the report
view?
> > I have my "older files" report and would like to post it on our website.

> > What do I do?

> > Thanks,
> > stacey

FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

Post by MD WebsUnlimited.co » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:17:43

John,

I'm not disagreeing that the method posted by Stephen does not work. It just
does not meet the requirements of the question -- it does not print the
report with all the information shown.

What neither of us know is how this person intends to utilize the reports
information.

IMHO, the answer is that it is not possible to print the reports.

> Mike,
> I beg to differ.  Did you try the suggested method?  The only difference is
> that Stacey needs "older files", not "all files".  That is easily done.  I
> just did one in about two minutes:
> <http://www.users.qwest.net/~karenandjen/kj/fileprint.htm>
> Have a look-see.  I did not invent this method; as I stated, it was
> suggested some time go by Stefan Rusynko
> Respectfully,
> john

> > Not possible under FP 2K.

> > --
> > Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> > J-Bots Plus 2000 FrontPage Components
> > 50 components Drop Downs / PopUp Windows
> > http://WebsUnlimited.com

> > > Does FP2000 give me the ability to print the reports from the report
> view?
> > > I have my "older files" report and would like to post it on our
website.

> > > What do I do?

> > > Thanks,
> > > stacey

FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:02:29

Agree - only way to get all info in a report is to do screen capture(s) of
report view (as images)
The page w/ categories is a partial workaround for some (but not all) info
(file title, date modified & comments added to file properties)

Maybe in FP10

--

Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below link)

| John,
|
| I'm not disagreeing that the method posted by Stephen does not work. It
just
| does not meet the requirements of the question -- it does not print the
| report with all the information shown.
|
| What neither of us know is how this person intends to utilize the reports
| information.
|
| IMHO, the answer is that it is not possible to print the reports.
|

| > Mike,
| > I beg to differ.  Did you try the suggested method?  The only difference
is
| > that Stacey needs "older files", not "all files".  That is easily done.
| > just did one in about two minutes:
| > <http://www.users.qwest.net/~karenandjen/kj/fileprint.htm>
| > Have a look-see.  I did not invent this method; as I stated, it was
| > suggested some time go by Stefan Rusynko
| > Respectfully,
| > john
| >

| > > Not possible under FP 2K.
| > >
| > > --
| > > Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
| > > =========================================
| > > J-Bots Plus 2000 FrontPage Components
| > > 50 components Drop Downs / PopUp Windows
| > > http://WebsUnlimited.com
| > > =========================================

| > view?
| website.

FP2000 & Printing a report from Report View

Post by John Murth » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 04:39:00

Mike,
You're right.  My apologies!
john

> John,

> I'm not disagreeing that the method posted by Stephen does not work. It
just
> does not meet the requirements of the question -- it does not print the
> report with all the information shown.

> What neither of us know is how this person intends to utilize the reports
> information.

> IMHO, the answer is that it is not possible to print the reports.

> > Mike,
> > I beg to differ.  Did you try the suggested method?  The only difference
is
> > that Stacey needs "older files", not "all files".  That is easily done.
> > just did one in about two minutes:
> > <http://www.users.qwest.net/~karenandjen/kj/fileprint.htm>
> > Have a look-see.  I did not invent this method; as I stated, it was
> > suggested some time go by Stefan Rusynko
> > Respectfully,
> > john

> > > Not possible under FP 2K.

> > > --
> > > Mike -- Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> > > =========================================
> > > J-Bots Plus 2000 FrontPage Components
> > > 50 components Drop Downs / PopUp Windows
> > > http://WebsUnlimited.com
> > > =========================================

> > view?
> website.

1. exporting reports from front page reports view

I'd like to export the "all files" report into an excel file and fiddle with
it to create specialized indexes to paste back into the web, but I haven't
been able to copy and paste the data from the reports. Does anybody know how
I can get the data into excel?

2. help! I need Palm OS 3.0

3. View/Print proprietary reports over the Internet?

4. Lynx or Mosaic + Term for Sun Sparc

5. Printing from report-view

6. Q: Slow OS/2 requester 2.12 under Ethernet 10/100

7. PRINTING FROM REPORT VIEW

8. US Sprint; Network 2000 & One Second - The Only ATT advantage

9. How to print a FP2000 report?

10. Print FP2000 Reports

11. FP2000 - printing reports

12. printing FP2000 reports