Can't use preview mode without connecting to the internet

Can't use preview mode without connecting to the internet

Post by Lola » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

I cannot use "preview in browser" feature on my local web on my PC
unless I am connected to the Internet. When I click on the preview tab,
it automatically starts to dial the ISP. If I manage to stop the dialing
and get into preview mode then images look broken (they are OK  in
normal mode). Also I can't click on the local hyperlinks and test them.
When I am online, everything works fine.  I've used FP98 for 6 months
before this problem started. I think it strated  after I installed
Outlook 98.  How can I fix this (short of getting rid of Outlook98)?
Thanks

Can't use preview mode without connecting to the internet

Post by Robert Storr » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

Sounds like a setting in IE that is causing an automatic connection to the
web when you load it with the "preview in browser" button

Can't use preview mode without connecting to the internet

Post by David Berr » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

What's the URL?  Does your page have links to images that are not on your
site? Ex: a counter, banner etc.  If so, you get the dialup because it's
trying to connect to the other site to retrieve the image.

--
David Berry - MCP