Error: "The Server Connection Has Timed Out"

Error: "The Server Connection Has Timed Out"

Post by Susan Cuom » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm brand new to FP (am using FP98). I have imported my pre-existing web
pages from Netscape Page Composer into FP and it looks good. I go to
publish to my server (who does not have FP extensions, but I understand
I can still publish there???), and am getting the error message: "The
Server Connection Has Timed Out".

Ques #1: Why am I getting that error message?
Ques #2: How does my server, not having the extensions, change what I
need to do?
Ques #3: I downloaded and successfully used CuteFTP to view my files up
on my server and delete the old ones, etc. to free up some room. Can I
do that from FP98?

Sue

Error: "The Server Connection Has Timed Out"

Post by Ed Stewar » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

1. The server was too slow responding. Try again later, or use Cute FTP or
WS_FTP to upload.
2. When you edit an existing htm file and save it using the same filename,
FP will know it's been changed, and will upload it (and therefore overwrite
the earlier version) when you publish.
3. No. Not without server extensions.

--
Ed Stewart

http://www.ionet.net/~estewart/

>I'm brand new to FP (am using FP98). I have imported my pre-existing web
>pages from Netscape Page Composer into FP and it looks good. I go to
>publish to my server (who does not have FP extensions, but I understand
>I can still publish there???), and am getting the error message: "The
>Server Connection Has Timed Out".

>Ques #1: Why am I getting that error message?
>Ques #2: How does my server, not having the extensions, change what I
>need to do?
>Ques #3: I downloaded and successfully used CuteFTP to view my files up
>on my server and delete the old ones, etc. to free up some room. Can I
>do that from FP98?

>Sue

Error: "The Server Connection Has Timed Out"

Post by Thomas A. Row » Wed, 30 Sep 1998 04:00:00

You can continue to use CuteFTP, just publish your web to a folder on your HD, then FTP the content
of this folder, you can exclude any folders that begin with _vti .

--
====================================
Thomas Rowe

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
The HTML Writers Guild Member
International Webmaster Association Member
Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
MSDN Universal Subscriber

>I'm brand new to FP (am using FP98). I have imported my pre-existing web
>pages from Netscape Page Composer into FP and it looks good. I go to
>publish to my server (who does not have FP extensions, but I understand
>I can still publish there???), and am getting the error message: "The
>Server Connection Has Timed Out".

>Ques #1: Why am I getting that error message?
>Ques #2: How does my server, not having the extensions, change what I
>need to do?
>Ques #3: I downloaded and successfully used CuteFTP to view my files up
>on my server and delete the old ones, etc. to free up some room. Can I
>do that from FP98?

>Sue

1. Server time outs & unexpected server "" errors

I have reformatted my C drive, reinstall all software including PWS4.0
and FP98.  Ever since, I am getting annoying server timeouts and
unexpected server "" errors.  My PC is Pentium II with MMX, 64MB,
3 hard drives.  I am unable to locate any logs...
All my problems started when I had an ethernet card installed in order
to use Rogers Wave to get connected to the Internet.
Any idea?? I am running out of mine (ideas).

Vera
-----
Assisting medium and small size businesses to get on the Internet
http://www.y2000.on.ca

2. Sharp Wizards dying

3. Error message: "Can't build data connection: Connection timed out."

4. Watchpoint Limitations

5. "server ""timed out" error

6. printing w/vpn

7. "Server Connection Timed Out" error

8. MIDIs not working in allegro

9. "The Server Connection has timed out" error

11. "The server "" timed out" ???

12. Error when publishing: "The server connection has been aborted from server"

13. Error retrieving "page.htm" - the connection timed out or was aborted by the ser