2000 Drop Down Menu - 2002 Drop Down Box

2000 Drop Down Menu - 2002 Drop Down Box

Post by ydoumorp » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 07:46:11

In FP2000 they called them Drop Down Menus, but in FP2002 there are no Drop Down Menus only Drop Down Boxes.  Are these one in the same?  and are there ANY differences?
I want to create a drop down menu that will take one quickly to a selected page in the site.  Must I use the SUBMIT button or is there a way to go automatically to the page when selected from the list?
thanks

2000 Drop Down Menu - 2002 Drop Down Box

Post by Thomas A. Row » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:19:37

Both are the same (HTML form fields). To use for navigation, you must use
JavaScript.

See:

http://www.ycoln-resources.com/resources/scripts/default.asp  Script# 3

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Forums, WebCircle,
MS KB Quick Links, etc.

In FP2000 they called them Drop Down Menus, but in FP2002 there are no Drop Down
Menus only Drop Down Boxes.  Are these one in the same?  and are there ANY
differences?
I want to create a drop down menu that will take one quickly to a selected page
in the site.  Must I use the SUBMIT button or is there a way to go automatically
to the page when selected from the list?
thanks

1. How to have 2nd drop down box filtered by 1st drop down box ON SAME PAGE

Hi All:

I'm working on a re-design/upgrade of an existing site. We have a "search
for retail outlet" type drop down box. The first drop down box includes USA,
Australia, Canada. The 2nd drop down box includes the 50 states, some
Canadian and Australian provinces/territories.

I need to know if there is a way to have the first drop down box filter the
second, so if I choose US it will only show the 50 states, or Canada will
only show those provinces, or Australia only those territories. I want to
keep this on THE SAME PAGE.

The website is at:

http://www.jewelcraft.biz/index2.htm

Regards,

Richard M. Coda
PC Type Graphic Design

2. FS: 9GB WIDE SCSI3, $945, Visa/MC/AX: Seagate ST410800W

3. Drop Down Box To Drop Down Box

4. X10 On/Off Problem

5. Is it possiable to create a drop-down menu within a drop-down menu?

6. A question for real experts...?

7. Drop down box...not menu (Like the flowing menu in J-Bots 2000)

8. FS: VISOR EDGE$325&Vx's$240 Ea NJ

9. Drop-down Menus - how to default them to drop all the way down

10. Database Search w/Drop down menu populated by database & two drop downs grouped

11. Database Search with Drop down menus populated from dbse & 2 drop downs grouped

12. Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

13. Drop Down choice selects same choice in other drop down?