FP Unable to Find Webs/Unable to Connect to Server

FP Unable to Find Webs/Unable to Connect to Server

Post by Don Pierso » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I've installed FP98 on several workstations, both Win95 and NT, in our org.
One workstation refuses to find other webs on our Intranet. Instead, when I
attempt to open a FP Web and select one of our servers, I get the message
"Unable to connect to a server on port 80 (socket code 11002)" I've checked
the FP PWS config, the Network config, and everything else I could think of.
I've verified it's not a rights issue. Most frustrating. Anyone have any
ideas?

FP Unable to Find Webs/Unable to Connect to Server

Post by Kevin the Gerb » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997 15:47:45 -0700, "Don Pierson"

>One workstation refuses to find other webs on our Intranet. Instead, when I
>attempt to open a FP Web and select one of our servers, I get the message
>"Unable to connect to a server on port 80 (socket code 11002)"
>Anyone have any ideas?

Have you set up a proxy in frontpage? If I do (and specify the fpweb
server is not to be proxied) I get an error in FP97 saying the FP
extensions aren't installed, remove the proxy then everythings fine
(except link checking of course.) Dunno if this is your problem (and
has anyone got a solution?)

Regards

Kev

Kevin (the gerbil) Davies

WWW    : http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/kdavies/

1. Unable to connect FP to server...

I have a tricky problem....

After installing latest version of Microsoft Personal Webserver is it
impossible to use FrontPage Explorer: message says: "You must have 32 bit
TCP/IP support installed...". I have, and I have reinstalled and I haver
correct bindings.

I t is also impossble to connect to the PWS, allthough running.

TCP/IP works normal with Internet software.

/Lars Littorin

2. Rendering WebControl

3. Unable to Connect to FP Server

4. os2 and wordperfect

5. Unable to connect to Personal Web Server

6. Installing Win2000

7. server error: Unable to find a parent web from which to inherit authoring permissions???????

8. oe error

9. Unable to connect to server

10. Unable to connect to the server (HTTP error 500)

11. "Unable to connect to the server" when publishing

12. Error Msg: "Unable to connect to a server @ * on port 80"

13. Interdev unable to connect to any server