FP98 from FP98 Express cannot save files to Web Server - Help?

FP98 from FP98 Express cannot save files to Web Server - Help?

Post by SwooptoPi » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I use FrontPage Express and have been really happy with the basic (I guess)
facilities that it offers. So I upgraded to Frontpage.

But now when I try to save my files back to the Web Server after having
editted them in Frontpage, when I click on Save, it doesnt give me the
option to save back to the Server - only to my local hard drive.

Wierd.

Can anyone tell me what I need to configure? Incidently I have had to
uninstall Frontpage 98 because of this. Frontpage Express works fine again.

Help please!! I really want to use Frontpage but this is stopping me.

Anyone?

JR
Chester UK.

FP98 from FP98 Express cannot save files to Web Server - Help?

Post by Dan Pfeffe » Mon, 17 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
In FP98 you don't do a save as to put a file on the web server. Use the
file/publish menu option. It will prompt you for the webserver name to
publish to.
HTH,
Dan

Quote:>Hi all,

>I use FrontPage Express and have been really happy with the basic (I guess)
>facilities that it offers. So I upgraded to Frontpage.

>But now when I try to save my files back to the Web Server after having
>editted them in Frontpage, when I click on Save, it doesnt give me the
>option to save back to the Server - only to my local hard drive.

>Wierd.

>Can anyone tell me what I need to configure? Incidently I have had to
>uninstall Frontpage 98 because of this. Frontpage Express works fine again.

>Help please!! I really want to use Frontpage but this is stopping me.

>Anyone?

>JR
>Chester UK.

1. FP98 Save results ext, cannot create a new file on remote NT server.

According to the company that hosts our website, because our website is now
hosted on an NT server (so we can use SSL), it is not as flexible as the
UNIX server we were originally on and therefore does not allow a new output
form to be generated when new information is submitted by a customer using
the Save Results component after the existing file has been deleted.

Does anyone know if this is true ?? I'm finding it a bit difficult to accept
this and feel that I'm being fobbed off. After reading about the Save
Results Component in the FP98 SDK, it clearly states that the webbot should
generate a new file, if it is missing.

When it was hosted on the UNIX server, I could just delete the file using
FTP, and when a new order was received, the webbot created a new file with
new orders. The only way I can do it now on the NT server is to open the
file locally on the PC here, pretend to make an alteration to it, save it
and then re-publish the file using FP98 (which is very longwinded !!)

Is NT really that inflexible? I've asked them to check the access
permissions for the '_private' directory where the output file is stored and
they say it is OK.

Does anyone have any ideas ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Regards,
Dave.

2. Weird IP/DHCP/DNS Problems in w2k

3. Cannot save FP98 File???####

4. Win2DVD 2.1 for Win2K

5. FP98: server error: cannot create file d:\inetpub\wwwroot....

6. Exploits in SSH

7. FP98 Cannot load web files

8. Info Need for Research on OOP Applications

9. Req: FP98 does not save form results to a file [FrontPage Save Results Component]

10. Cannot open loacl FP98 web - server timed out!??

11. FP98 Problem: Server error (87) when saving files > 5K

12. FP98 Search: Cannot find functiond as specified in help file....Is my version different?

13. FP98 Search: Cannot find functiond as specifien in help file....Is my version different?