Good FrontPage 98 book?

Post by Lawrence Weather » Sat, 27 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Can any one recommend a comprehensive, readable book on FrontPage 98. I
tried Running FrontPage 98. Though it is thick, it is also very superficial.
Not much more than the help file with a few pictures.

Thanks

Good FrontPage 98 book?

Post by Joe Hai » Sat, 27 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I use QUE's "Using Microsoft Front Page 98 Special Edition"  not only is it
a comprehensive source for the program, it also comes with a CD that has
some fantastic programs for working with Java and other plug-ins.  I got my
copy at Waldenbooks.  I am sure you can find it at just about any decent
bookstore.

--
Joe Hail
Smokin' Joe Productions Web Design

>Can any one recommend a comprehensive, readable book on FrontPage 98. I
>tried Running FrontPage 98. Though it is thick, it is also very
superficial.
>Not much more than the help file with a few pictures.

>Thanks

Good FrontPage 98 book?

Post by luck » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I completely agree.  I was looking for a book that covered FrontPage98
basics, and covered the more complicated matters (to me at least...)
such as Javascript, VBscript, etc.  "Using Microsoft Frontpage 98
Special Editon" was a little pricey ($50), but was worth it.

Scott Frostad

>I use QUE's "Using Microsoft Front Page 98 Special Edition"  not only is it
>a comprehensive source for the program, it also comes with a CD that has
>some fantastic programs for working with Java and other plug-ins.  I got my
>copy at Waldenbooks.  I am sure you can find it at just about any decent
>bookstore.

Good FrontPage 98 book?

Post by Judy Keliu » Mon, 29 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I second the vote - and be sure to get your $10 back from the publisher on this
book! (Good through January 31) - go to http://www.mcp.com (special offers) to
print off some rebate coupons (good on ANY book from a MacMillan publishing
press like Sams, Que, New Riders, etc.). Makes the price a lot easier to
swallow, especially if you buy it discounted in first place. We have a local
store, Micro Center in St. David's, PA with an excellent selection of books all
at least 20% off and you can order over the web with minimum 20% discounts from
http://www.amazon.com. or http://www.barnesandnoble.com. Barnes and Noble has my
books delivered in two-three days - incredible service!

--
Judy Kelius
http://www.chesco.com/~judy

Good FrontPage 98 book?

Post by John D. Jacks » Tue, 30 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I'd stay away from the MS Official FrontPage Book, unless you have
never read anything before or never used FrontPage before.

Even then I'd say get Running FrontPage instead.

I'm in Chapter 6 of Running FrontPage and a little disappointed. My
prior experience with a Running series book was MS Access, and
everything you did was at the PC with exercises and step by step do
this do that.

So far I've been reading this book away from my computer. Maybe the
later chapters get more expert. Spent a whole chapter on the theory of
light and of color. The only value there was understanding what
happpens on a MAC versus a PC, or PC's with only 256 colors, and
'safe' colors to use on your pages so they appear as you intended.
Probably important, but this material belongs in the appendix.

Thinking of buying the Using FrontPage 98 book.

I'm learning you can't predict whether you will like a book because
its title is Running, or Using, or Unleased, or Teach Yourself in a
Week, based on your experience with some other book by some other
author, through the same publisher with a similar title.

John "J.J." Jackson
Palm Beach County, Florida

Good FrontPage 98 book?

Post by Bob McBrid » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I picked up a copy of QUE's Using Microsoft Front Page 98 at Sam's yesterday for
about $22.50.  A real bargain and you can frequently find these as Sam's

Bob Mcbride

> I completely agree.  I was looking for a book that covered FrontPage98
> basics, and covered the more complicated matters (to me at least...)
> such as Javascript, VBscript, etc.  "Using Microsoft Frontpage 98
> Special Editon" was a little pricey ($50), but was worth it.

> Scott Frostad

> >I use QUE's "Using Microsoft Front Page 98 Special Edition"  not only is it
> >a comprehensive source for the program, it also comes with a CD that has
> >some fantastic programs for working with Java and other plug-ins.  I got my
> >copy at Waldenbooks.  I am sure you can find it at just about any decent
> >bookstore.

Good FrontPage 98 book?

Post by John Terdi » Tue, 06 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I got a book "MS FP98 At a Glance" by Stephen L. Nelson
ISBN= 1-57231-437-3 I got it at CompUSA for $14. It is very good (for
me) lots of good pictures and step-by-step instructions.
John Terdik

1. good FrontPage 98 book?

Does anyone know of a really good FrontPage 98 book?  I want to learn the
program well enough to teach classes on it.  There are so many books out
there, it is hard to pick one without a personal recommendation.
Thanks!

2. ATT Mail Charges (Ag

3. Good FrontPage 98 - database book ?

4. HELP with Umax 2100U

5. Good Book for Frontpage 98

6. Newsgroup threads

7. Good FP 98 Book???

8. Special offer

9. Outlook 98 and FrontPage 98 - address book/send to bug?

10. Good manuals? I need a good book

11. Books on FrontPage 98 and FrontPage 2000

12. Any good books on FrontPage 2000 and ASP?