Background image in a shared border (or, how to right-adjust a background image)

Background image in a shared border (or, how to right-adjust a background image)

Post by Steve Yate » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

    The company logo in question has a stripe up the right side of the
page.  I can add this to a web site by making the whole page a table,
but that gets really really tedious.  A shared border seems the obvious
solution, but it doesn't seem to work.  You can define a background when
editing the right.html page, and can even see it when you click on the
shared border in the FP Editor, but the background is ignored in the
broswer.

    Of course, you can pad the background image with a bunch of
whitespace, but that won't adjust for browser width and in any case the
stripe is a gradient so that wouldn't be the best solution anyway.  :)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--

Steve Yates

Background image in a shared border (or, how to right-adjust a background image)

Post by Pau » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Shared borders do not use background.
They take the background from the web page.

Quote:>    The company logo in question has a stripe up the right side of the
>page.  I can add this to a web site by making the whole page a table,
>but that gets really really tedious.  A shared border seems the obvious
>solution, but it doesn't seem to work.  You can define a background when
>editing the right.html page, and can even see it when you click on the
>shared border in the FP Editor, but the background is ignored in the
>broswer.

>    Of course, you can pad the background image with a bunch of
>whitespace, but that won't adjust for browser width and in any case the
>stripe is a gradient so that wouldn't be the best solution anyway.  :)

>Any ideas?

>Thanks!

>--

>Steve Yates

Background image in a shared border (or, how to right-adjust a background image)

Post by Kris Rudi » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Shared borders are implemented as tables, and any code outside the body tags
(including the tags) in a border file is ignored in the final page.  But,
fear not, you can simply put your image in a table in the RH shared border -
voila!

Kris Rudin, MS, MCP
Site Builder Level 3
Aurora Development Group (http://www.auroradg.com)

>    The company logo in question has a stripe up the right side of the
>page.  I can add this to a web site by making the whole page a table,
>but that gets really really tedious.  A shared border seems the obvious
>solution, but it doesn't seem to work.  You can define a background when
>editing the right.html page, and can even see it when you click on the
>shared border in the FP Editor, but the background is ignored in the
>broswer.

>    Of course, you can pad the background image with a bunch of
>whitespace, but that won't adjust for browser width and in any case the
>stripe is a gradient so that wouldn't be the best solution anyway.  :)

>Any ideas?

>Thanks!

>--

>Steve Yates

Background image in a shared border (or, how to right-adjust a background image)

Post by Richard Voitie » Wed, 10 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Warning!
I'm not sure what I'm talking about but pretty sure.
First,
Go to FP-Explorer/Tools/Web Settings/Options and check it to show hidden
files.
Second,
Go to root and find "_borders" directory. It contains your borders in html
and you can insert via img=scr"whatever".
Third,
Remember the warning.
rm

>     The company logo in question has a stripe up the right side of the
> page.  I can add this to a web site by making the whole page a table,
> but that gets really really tedious.  A shared border seems the obvious
> solution, but it doesn't seem to work.  You can define a background when
> editing the right.html page, and can even see it when you click on the
> shared border in the FP Editor, but the background is ignored in the
> broswer.

>     Of course, you can pad the background image with a bunch of
> whitespace, but that won't adjust for browser width and in any case the
> stripe is a gradient so that wouldn't be the best solution anyway.  :)

> Any ideas?

> Thanks!

> --

> Steve Yates

1. Background image in a cell doesn't display when part of shared borders

This is strange.  I've built an image using a table so that it includes a
navigation bar.  I set up the navigation bar to have a background so that it
mated up with the rest of the image.  This all worked fine when I was
working with the table in the main part of the page.  Once I finished
setting the header up, I put it into the top shared border so that all my
pages would have the same header.  When the cell is in the shared border it
loses the background image set for the cell containing the nav bar.  I've
tried totally recreating the image in the shared border but it turns out the
same every time.  The URL to the development site is:

http://www.aits.com.au/new

if you'd like to see for yourself.

Regards
Stuart

2. date and time on header

3. cell background image and shared borders problem

4. COM - Access Denied

5. Howto: add a background image to a shared border

6. Warp install -> SYS3175

7. Hover Background: Wipes out background image

8. Cannot dial in or even seen Connection properties

9. How to right-justify a background image?

10. Background cell image will not go far right against scroll bar

11. Tables - images and background images = Netscape heartbreak?

12. Putting an image/file/whatever on top of my Background image?

13. Background Images - How to prevent multiple images?