FP98: server error: cannot create file d:\inetpub\wwwroot....

FP98: server error: cannot create file d:\inetpub\wwwroot....

Post by Scott Urof » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone know why this error happens when I try to publish my local copy
of a web (which I imported from where I want to publish to).  FP98 is
running on my Win95 box and the web server is IIS.  This is the first time I
am trying to publish.

FP98: server error: cannot create file d:\inetpub\wwwroot....

Post by Mark Rogers, MV » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi Scott,

The web server may be hung and needs to be restarted. Or, the extensions
make be corrupt and need to be reinstalled. Contact your host.
--
Mark Rogers
Microsoft MVP

_______________ Please Send Replies to Newsgroup ______________
NG Rules: http://support.microsoft.com/support/news/rules.asp

SiteCrafters Internet Services - Whitefish, Montana
Web Site Development & Hosting http://www.SiteCrafters.com
FrontPage & Web Author Help http://www.SiteCrafters.com/support

Quote:> Does anyone know why this error happens when I try to publish my local
copy
> of a web (which I imported from where I want to publish to).  FP98 is
> running on my Win95 box and the web server is IIS.  This is the first time
> am trying to publish.

FP98: server error: cannot create file d:\inetpub\wwwroot....

Post by Scott Urof » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I installed the latest fp98ext_x86_enu file and rebooted the server.  The
error is still happening.

>Hi Scott,

>The web server may be hung and needs to be restarted. Or, the extensions
>make be corrupt and need to be reinstalled. Contact your host.
>--
>Mark Rogers
>Microsoft MVP

1. Server Error: Cannot create file "D:\InetPub\wwwRoot\default.asp"

What kinds of problems might cause that message? I get similar messages when
I attempt to save changes to any page on my website, which until now worked
fine for many months. It is running on an NT 4.0 Server (SP3) box and I am
running NT Workstation 4.0 (SP3). Both have FP 98. When the error first
occurred, I upgraded the server from IIS 3.0 to 4.0 and then reinstalled FP
extensions, to no avail. Security settings look okay. Ideas?

2. Sax Comm Objects problems

3. Server error: Cannot create folder "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\_vti_pvt"

4. Music "splitter"

5. Server Error: Cannot open file C:\inetpub\wwwroot\_vti_pvt\service.lck for writing

6. How to copy managed String* into TCHAR[]?

7. Server Error: Cannot open file c:\Inetpub\wwwroot ....\_vti_pvt\service.lck for reading

8. Roland CM-64 LA Synth / PCM MIDI Module

9. cannot create file "d:\inetpub\wwwroot\xxx\"

10. Server error cannot Rename "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\folder"

11. Server Error: Cannot open file "C:\InetPub\mydirectory\_vti_pvt\service.lck" for writing

12. c:\inetpub\wwwroot or c:\inetpub\webpub