Forgot NT password - how to reset boot into dos?

Forgot NT password - how to reset boot into dos?

Post by jimp » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am new to NT and installed it recently... now I have forgotten my *new*
password on my NT workstation v4.

I tried to boot from drive A and CD-rom (by changing the Rom setting) to
reinstall the OS but it cannot work - it simply throws me back to the
password dialog?

If I cannot reset it, how do I get into the root dir to copy off my files
and reinstall the OS?

Forgot NT password - how to reset boot into dos?

Post by Jimc » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00

You can't.

--
Jimco
Free FrontPage 2000 Add-ins

Quote:> I am new to NT and installed it recently... now I have forgotten my *new*
> password on my NT workstation v4.

> I tried to boot from drive A and CD-rom (by changing the Rom setting) to
> reinstall the OS but it cannot work - it simply throws me back to the
> password dialog?

> If I cannot reset it, how do I get into the root dir to copy off my files
> and reinstall the OS?

Forgot NT password - how to reset boot into dos?

Post by Rod » Sat, 01 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Make sure your computer is set to boot from drive A first or your CD ROM, it
sounds like it is set to try and boot from C Drive first. Go into Set-up and
change the boot sequence. Remember that when your re-install NT you will
lose your profiles and will have to re-install most applications, although
you should be able to recover your web site.

Rod

Quote:> I am new to NT and installed it recently... now I have forgotten my *new*
> password on my NT workstation v4.

> I tried to boot from drive A and CD-rom (by changing the Rom setting) to
> reinstall the OS but it cannot work - it simply throws me back to the
> password dialog?

> If I cannot reset it, how do I get into the root dir to copy off my files
> and reinstall the OS?

Forgot NT password - how to reset boot into dos?

Post by Victo » Sun, 02 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Try to attach your harddisk to other computer, logon as Administrator.
It should work. But reinstall should help also. What messages did you
get and what buttons did you press during reinstall?

Salute!

Victor

Fast and Low Cost Programming

http://www.electrom.com/pkbct/

PS Is it FrontPage forum or something else?  :o)

> You can't.

> --
> Jimco
> Free FrontPage 2000 Add-ins
> http://web.nova1.net/webbink

> > I am new to NT and installed it recently... now I have forgotten my
*new*
> > password on my NT workstation v4.

> > I tried to boot from drive A and CD-rom (by changing the Rom
setting) to
> > reinstall the OS but it cannot work - it simply throws me back to
the
> > password dialog?

> > If I cannot reset it, how do I get into the root dir to copy off my
files
> > and reinstall the OS?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. PWS4 NT&98 Dual boot

Hello FP Group
I have a dual boot system with win 98 and NT4, running FP98.
I installed PWS4, as PWS did not run on NT4, and FP PWS was a little
limiting.
 However, since installing PWS4 some other problems have arisen.

If I use win98 and modify a web, then boot in NT4 on the same PC and open
the same web I get the error message "something something msiis server
error", and the web won't open in front page.

If I run server adminstrator and select "check and fix" it fixes the
problem, untill I boot to the other O/S, then the same problem again.

Also I tried to install PWS4 on my new HP notebook running win95 OSR2, and I
get the TCP/IP not installed error, after PWS4 upgrades the winsock to
version 2.
If I follow the fix for restoring the old version of winsock, it solves the
TCP/IP error when starting frontpage, but then PWS4 won't run with Winsock 2
removed.

What I really want to achieve is to have my desktop PC run FP98 in both NT4
and Win98, and my laptop run FP98 in win95, all with a common server and
frontpage server extension versions so I can can work on all my webs in any
one of the 3  O/S systems, as I laplink my wwwroot directory back and forth
in sync between both machines.

Any suggestions?

--

www.labsystems.com.au

2. Backing up

3. Win95/NT dual boot & FP97

4. How to put SC Zips in 3000?

5. fp2000 style box dos'nt work???

6. Remote debuggery with GDB

7. I am using FrontPage 2002 and forgot my password....

8. IMSAI need help (long)

9. Forgotten password...

10. I've forgotten my passwords

11. Forgotten password