FP 2000 ( Opening my old fp 98 webs in FP 2000 )

FP 2000 ( Opening my old fp 98 webs in FP 2000 )

Post by Stephen Littl » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi all

How do I open my old  :-)  FP 98 webs on my PC, in the new FP 2000 on my PC.

Can't find them, in FP 2000

--
cheers / thanks

Steve
-------------------------------------
SPL WEB DESIGN
Based In Bristol
www.splwebdesign.co.uk
-------------------------------------

FP 2000 ( Opening my old fp 98 webs in FP 2000 )

Post by Barr » Thu, 17 Jun 1999 04:00:00

File | open Web , then in the folder name box put http://localhost/ they
should then be listed

Regards,
Barry

Quote:> Hi all

> How do I open my old  :-)  FP 98 webs on my PC, in the new FP 2000 on my
PC.

> Can't find them, in FP 2000

> --
> cheers / thanks

> Steve
> -------------------------------------
> SPL WEB DESIGN
> Based In Bristol
> www.splwebdesign.co.uk
> -------------------------------------

FP 2000 ( Opening my old fp 98 webs in FP 2000 )

Post by Mark Beatt » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I also had some trouble with this in switching from win95 and reinstalling
on a new win98 computer. I don't think it has to do with the Frontpage
version as much as the Personal Web Server (PWS). I had renamed my old
"localhost" to my computer name and win95 used c:/webshare as he default
root directory. in re-installing Frontpage 98 and the win98 PWS, the default
root directory changed names and locations. I believe I went to PWS
administration and re-set the default root to where I had copied the old
webshare directory. Or I may have re-trained FrontPage as to where the new
root directory was. Either one should resolve your problem. My old setup had
the root as the windows networking computer name, but now it is just
"localhost". still haven't figured that one out.

Mark Beatty

Quote:> Hi all

> How do I open my old  :-)  FP 98 webs on my PC, in the new FP 2000 on my
PC.

> Can't find them, in FP 2000

> --
> cheers / thanks

> Steve
> -------------------------------------
> SPL WEB DESIGN
> Based In Bristol
> www.splwebdesign.co.uk
> -------------------------------------

1. FP 2000 - having problems with converting from FP 98 to FP 2000!!!

Hello, my name is Marcos Avellan and I was a very happy FP 98 user.  I got
the 2000 upgrade and I am having a problem with the text.  All my large
title text now looks choppy.  When I try to erase the original text and make
it large again, it simply does not get as big as it was in FP 98.  Can
anyone help me out?  I feel like erasing the whole program and reinstalling

much.

Best Regards,
Marcos Avellan

2. DVI to QMS needed

3. FP 2000 AND FP 98 ANY REALLY GOOD FP PEOPLE OUT HERE?

4. FS: 3640 in Canada

5. FP 98 web, FP 2000 extensions

6. admin.dll readme.exe and how to turn of FTP?

7. Upgrade to FP 2000 &now cant load FP 98 previously made web pages

8. How can I get the exe-filename of a running application?

9. FP 98 & FP 2000 Publish to same web ?

10. FP 2002 won't open web site FP 2000 did

11. Opening web in FP 2002 (that was originally created in FP 2000)

12. Upgrading to FP 2000 from FP 98

13. Should I upgrade FP-98 to FP-2000?