FP Graphics Editor basics

FP Graphics Editor basics

Post by martin » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 00:31:17



I'm considering buying FP2002 to create a disk-based
resource web for work.

Our company has web-standards in place, and I'd like to
follow them, even though this won't be published on the
internet. There are company .eps files available for use
as the navigation bars, etc. to comply with the standards.

I understand that .eps files are used in Adobe
Illustrator, but that there is a graphics tool in FP2002.
Would it be able to handle the .eps files on its own, or
would I have to get Illustrator for work like adding
titles to the navigation bars?

Thanks!

 
 
 

FP Graphics Editor basics

Post by Kevin Spence » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 01:21:28


Only .jpg and .gif files are supported by most browsers. IE will also
support .bmp files.

HTH,

--
Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP
Internet Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Complex things are made up of lots of simple things.


Quote:> I'm considering buying FP2002 to create a disk-based
> resource web for work.

> Our company has web-standards in place, and I'd like to
> follow them, even though this won't be published on the
> internet. There are company .eps files available for use
> as the navigation bars, etc. to comply with the standards.

> I understand that .eps files are used in Adobe
> Illustrator, but that there is a graphics tool in FP2002.
> Would it be able to handle the .eps files on its own, or
> would I have to get Illustrator for work like adding
> titles to the navigation bars?

> Thanks!


 
 
 

FP Graphics Editor basics

Post by martin » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 01:45:34


Thanks for the reply. So the .eps files I have can only be
edited in Illustrator, and then I would have to save them
as .gif files to be able to use them as buttons in FP? I'm
wondering why that's the format they're availabe in, but
that's corporate logic for you! :)

I'll have to go back and take a look at the documentation
on the graphics functions of FP - thanks for the nudge in
the right direction.

Thanks!

>-----Original Message-----
>Only .jpg and .gif files are supported by most browsers.
IE will also
>support .bmp files.

>HTH,

>--
>Kevin Spencer
>Microsoft FrontPage MVP
>Internet Developer
>http://www.takempis.com
>Complex things are made up of lots of simple things.



>> I'm considering buying FP2002 to create a disk-based
>> resource web for work.

>> Our company has web-standards in place, and I'd like to
>> follow them, even though this won't be published on the
>> internet. There are company .eps files available for use
>> as the navigation bars, etc. to comply with the
standards.

>> I understand that .eps files are used in Adobe
>> Illustrator, but that there is a graphics tool in
FP2002.
>> Would it be able to handle the .eps files on its own, or
>> would I have to get Illustrator for work like adding
>> titles to the navigation bars?

>> Thanks!

>.

 
 
 

FP Graphics Editor basics

Post by E. T. Cullin » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 01:58:20


This tutorial might help:
http://www.eleanorstravels.com/frontpage_images/index.htm I would not use
any 'graphics' tools within FP!

--
{; >) ETC

Quote:> I'm considering buying FP2002 to create a disk-based
> resource web for work.

> Our company has web-standards in place, and I'd like to
> follow them, even though this won't be published on the
> internet. There are company .eps files available for use
> as the navigation bars, etc. to comply with the standards.

> I understand that .eps files are used in Adobe
> Illustrator, but that there is a graphics tool in FP2002.
> Would it be able to handle the .eps files on its own, or
> would I have to get Illustrator for work like adding
> titles to the navigation bars?

> Thanks!

 
 
 

FP Graphics Editor basics

Post by martin » Sat, 07 Dec 2002 02:15:52


Thanks - that's some good info, but it's more centered on
photos, and the .eps files I'm wondering about would be
used as navigation bars and buttons (probably .gif files),
to match up with our other departmental and corporate
sites.

I'm thinking at this point that it might be worth trying
to get our design department involved in the creation of
the navbar, once I have the organization of the pages
finalized. No point in buying an expensive graphics
program that I'm never going to use again when they
probably already have one, right? I'd rather do the whole
thing on my own, but it's probably worth getting them
involved if the entire look of the site would be improved.

Thanks for the help!

>-----Original Message-----
>This tutorial might help:
>http://www.eleanorstravels.com/frontpage_images/index.htm
I would not use
>any 'graphics' tools within FP!

>--
>{; >) ETC


>> I'm considering buying FP2002 to create a disk-based
>> resource web for work.

>> Our company has web-standards in place, and I'd like to
>> follow them, even though this won't be published on the
>> internet. There are company .eps files available for use
>> as the navigation bars, etc. to comply with the
standards.

>> I understand that .eps files are used in Adobe
>> Illustrator, but that there is a graphics tool in
FP2002.
>> Would it be able to handle the .eps files on its own, or
>> would I have to get Illustrator for work like adding
>> titles to the navigation bars?

>> Thanks!

>.

 
 
 

FP Graphics Editor basics

Post by Ted Zif » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:50:59



Quote:> Thanks for the reply. So the .eps files I have can only be
> edited in Illustrator, and then I would have to save them
> as .gif files to be able to use them as buttons in FP? I'm
> wondering why that's the format they're availabe in, but
> that's corporate logic for you! :)

How is having the files archived in .eps format illogical?  It would make no
sense to have them archived in a web-ready format like GIF or JPEG as they
are lower quality, compressed formats (which is also why they are suitable
for the web).

> I'll have to go back and take a look at the documentation
> on the graphics functions of FP - thanks for the nudge in
> the right direction.

> Thanks!

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Only .jpg and .gif files are supported by most browsers.
> IE will also
> >support .bmp files.

> >HTH,

> >--
> >Kevin Spencer
> >Microsoft FrontPage MVP
> >Internet Developer
> >http://www.takempis.com
> >Complex things are made up of lots of simple things.



> >> I'm considering buying FP2002 to create a disk-based
> >> resource web for work.

> >> Our company has web-standards in place, and I'd like to
> >> follow them, even though this won't be published on the
> >> internet. There are company .eps files available for use
> >> as the navigation bars, etc. to comply with the
> standards.

> >> I understand that .eps files are used in Adobe
> >> Illustrator, but that there is a graphics tool in
> FP2002.
> >> Would it be able to handle the .eps files on its own, or
> >> would I have to get Illustrator for work like adding
> >> titles to the navigation bars?

> >> Thanks!

> >.

 
 
 

1. What additonal graphic software needed go beyond FP basics

Hi, all!

I have played with frontpage 2000, and would like to know what package and
how to expand the looks of frontpage graphic to include photo's behind text
graphics as the Microsoft FrontPage banner, and rounded edged menu boxes as
on www.microsoft.com/frontpage under SharePoint Team Services.

Preston

2. Ok/Cancel vs. Ok/Close

3. a basic, basic, basic frames problem i'm having

4. Help with cisco1720 dialing into a portmaster

5. Visual Basic Editor in FP2000

6. Is it possible to apply access lists to a Loopback interface?

7. FP2000 - Visual Basic editor

8. Anyone running Dracula Unleashed under OS/2?

9. FrontPage98 basic HTML editor questions

10. Visual Basic Editor

11. Visual Basic Editor for FrontPage2000

12. Powerpoint Graphics to FP 2000 & Resizing Graphics

13. Interdev FP editor vs FP97 editor