A totaly non FP problem

Post by Veget » Fri, 31 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Used Navigator 3.04 and the applet loaded fine. It just took quite long on a
33.6 modem.

Pretty kewl applet, btw.
--

Best wishes,

============
Joo Hang Cha

Microsoft MVP
--------------------------
Internet Explorer Center --- http://www.ie4.com/
Site Builder FAQ --- http://faq.ie4.com/
--------------------------
Pleiades Innovations --- http://www.ie4.com/design/

>Hi All,

>please don't shout at me cause I know this problem has nothing to do with
FP
>but everyone is soooo helpful here that I thought I would ask anyway. (I
did
>write the site in FP.. if that gets me out of an ear bashing!)

>I have a java applet on a page that I cannot get to fail but some Netscrape
>3.x users have told me that all they get is a grey box. I have spoken to
the
>people who wrote the applet and they can't see a problem... so i'm stuck..
>is it broken or not?

>The URL is http://www.webselect.net/360.htm and be warned that it is a 57k
>download.... Yes I know it's big but I can't shrink it anymore.

>Please let me know if you can see the image, especially if you use, or have
>Netscape 3.x

>Thanks a bunch.. no more mis posts I promise :-)

>Mark Walker

A totaly non FP problem

Post by Mark Walke » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

[...]

Post by CAK » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I agree with the veg. Great applet.

Do you have the MS Java update
patch installed? It can be downloaded
from the Microsoft site. Without it, we
have had problems testing Java using
MSIE302.

--
CAK
Free Shape Blocks font

>Hi All,

>please don't shout at me cause I know this problem has nothing to do with
FP
>but everyone is soooo helpful here that I thought I would ask anyway. (I
did
>write the site in FP.. if that gets me out of an ear bashing!)

>I have a java applet on a page that I cannot get to fail but some Netscrape
>3.x users have told me that all they get is a grey box. I have spoken to
the
>people who wrote the applet and they can't see a problem... so i'm stuck..
>is it broken or not?

>The URL is http://www.webselect.net/360.htm and be warned that it is a 57k
>download.... Yes I know it's big but I can't shrink it anymore.

>Please let me know if you can see the image, especially if you use, or have
>Netscape 3.x

>Thanks a bunch.. no more mis posts I promise :-)

>Mark Walker

A totaly non FP problem

Post by Mark Walke » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

No I haven't, but I will.

It's a strange problem and I'm just wondering wether it is just the users
connection that is going at such a slow pace that they give up waiting for
it to load. I have halved the file size to try and solve this, it has made
the image a bit fuzzy but if it makes the download easier then it's worth
it.

Mark Walker

>I agree with the veg. Great applet.

>Do you have the MS Java update
>patch installed? It can be downloaded
>from the Microsoft site. Without it, we
>have had problems testing Java using
>MSIE302.

A totaly non FP problem

Post by Crash OverRid » Sat, 01 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Mark.. I used Navigator 3.04 and it loaded and worked fine.. Your Netscape
visitors either have a poor connection or something else... (a conflicting
Java applet already loaded on their machines?)

--
To reply by email use the address below:

1. FP Non-HTML link Download Problem?

This may or may not be a FrontPage problem.  In fact, I tend to beleive it's
with IE4.

Setup:
NT4 Server (SP3)
IIS4 (Final Release)
FP98 (Final Release Client & Server Extensions)

On this site I have two files available for download.  One is User
ID/Password protected.  The other is not protected at all.

When attempting to download either file using IE4, the download fails with
the following error message:

Internet Explorer cannot download from the Internet site ole2disp.dll from
www.ambac-connect.com.

The downloaded file is not available.  This could be due to your Security or
Language settings or because the server was unable to retrieve the requested
file.

When using *any other browser*, including IE 3.x. it works just fine.
Please feel free to check it out by visiting here:

http://www.ambac-connect.com/support/HelpEZBuyWin311DLL.html

and then follow the "OLE2DISP.DLL" link or the "The new version can be
obtained by clicking here"
link.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

2. Load Balance over multiple serial links in BGP

3. Non FP web causing problems

4. Text Recommendations for Efficient DSP Algorithms

5. Fonts have gone totaly mad!!!

6. FS: Games!!

7. Regarding the fonts that went totaly mad

8. Variable & fixed length coder fonts

9. Bringing non-FP web into FP

10. posting fp maps to non fp server

11. Non-FP hit counters on FP pages

12. FP and non-FP on same IIS web server

13. FP 2000 publishing to non FP servers