Difference btw "web server" and "personal web server"

Difference btw "web server" and "personal web server"

Post by Marcus Bel » Sun, 15 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I did a custom install and chose to install the web server with the
extensions.  Whenever I am using FP98, the "web server" is running
(usually 'idle').  What is the difference btw this and the personal web
server?

Thanks,
Marcus

Difference btw "web server" and "personal web server"

Post by R. W. Gerlin » Sun, 15 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Go to my home page and check the FrontPage sites listed, and you will find
an answer to your question. rg

--
R.W. Gerling, MVP--FrontPage
http://www.rgerling.com

Have A Good Day

Quote:>I did a custom install and chose to install the web server with the
>extensions.  Whenever I am using FP98, the "web server" is running
>(usually 'idle').  What is the difference btw this and the personal web
>server?

>Thanks,
>Marcus

Difference btw "web server" and "personal web server"

Post by David Berr » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

The web server and PWS are the same thing.

====================================
David Berry
http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/

The HTML Writers Guild Member
International Webmaster Association Member
Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
MSDN Member
Netscape DevEdge Member
====================================

>I did a custom install and chose to install the web server with the
>extensions.  Whenever I am using FP98, the "web server" is running
>(usually 'idle').  What is the difference btw this and the personal web
>server?

>Thanks,
>Marcus

Difference btw "web server" and "personal web server"

Post by Carol Carbonel » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

R. W..

Great set of links. Thank you!
Just to let you know, your last menu button
http://www.rgerling.com/RWG/index.htm
returned a 404 error.
Carol

http://sunniebunniezz.com