Database query results - date format

Post by TAKemp » Tue, 15 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I need to retrieve date values from an access database and have them
>displayed in the short-date format (10/31/97).  Unfortunately, the
>results are returned in the long date/time format (1997-10-31 00:00:00)
>on the pages generated through the htx template.  I have specified the
>access table format as short-date in the date's field.

>Does anyone know how to get more formatting control out of the .htx
>template or the SQL query?

You can use Javascript to reformat the returned strings. Instead of
passing them to the place on the page where you want them, pass them to a
Javascript function that reformats the strings. Then place a reference to
the Javascript function where you want the reformatted strings to appear.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Spencer

http://www.connectrans.com/takempis
http://members.aol.com/TAKempis
http://www.marketing-solutions.com
http://www.connectrans.com
http://www.connectrans.com/healthfacts
p.s.: I need a job!

1. Database: Next Step - Formatting Results of database query

Okay, so now I've learned how to get a database to work with Front Page.  My
next step is to learn how to format the results of a query into an
attractive dynamically created webpage.  What I want to do is have a web
page pop up when a user clicks on a picture or icon.  I don't necessarily
want it to look like a boring database table, even though I realize content
is king.  Any resources dealing with how this can be accomplished?  Thanks
for putting up with me.

BG

2. MIDI files on the Net?

3. Date format for query results

4. services can't start

5. database results which are queries, which result in further queries.

6. JDK 1.4 for Classic?

7. Date Formats in Database Results

8. DECIMAL fields as text???

9. Long Date not holding format when using Database Results Wizard.

10. Problems with Date format in Database Results page

11. Database Results Date Format Problem

12. Database Results Date Format

13. Date Format in ASP Database Results