Database Search with Drop down menus populated from dbse & 2 drop downs grouped

Database Search with Drop down menus populated from dbse & 2 drop downs grouped

Post by Bill Brande » Wed, 16 Oct 2002 01:04:21

This is a continuation from my last post to include the
results.asp file.  Thanks

I have created a search page to search an existing
database for used cars.  I have four drop down menus.
Year , Year, Make and Model  (all are populated from the
database, the year drop downs are the same (duplicated).
What I need to figure out is how to be able to search a
range between the year dropdowns if "All" is not
selected.  Secondly, if a Make is chosen (not "All"
value), I want the fourth drop down menu for the Model to
only show Model's related to the Make chosen in the third
drop down menu.

For Example: If a Make Honda is chosen, I want the
dropdown menu for Model's to only show Civic, Accord, CRV
etc. from the database. Thanks for your help.

Bill

  SearchInventoryResults.asp
12K Download

1. Database Search w/Drop down menu populated by database & two drop downs grouped

Hi,

I have created a search page to search an existing
database for used cars.  I have four drop down menus.
Year , Year, Make and Model  (all are populated from the
database, the year drop downs are the same (duplicated).
What I need to figure out is how to be able to search a
range between the year dropdowns if "All" is not
selected.  Secondly, if a Make is chosen (not "All"
value), I want the fourth drop down menu for the Model to
only show Model's related to the Make chosen in the third
drop down menu.

For Example: If a Make Honda is chosen, I want the
dropdown menu for Model's to only show Civic, Accord, CRV
etc. from the database. Thanks for your help.

Bill

  SearchInventoryResults.asp
12K Download

2. FREE ACAD Resource

3. Is it possiable to create a drop-down menu within a drop-down menu?

4. Floyd/NJ Telecom Problems - More Info!

5. Drop-down Menus - how to default them to drop all the way down

6. Reed-Muller99 CFP

7. 2000 Drop Down Menu - 2002 Drop Down Box

8. One Solution To 800 Wrong Numbers

9. Drop down menu or drop down hyperlink ?

10. How to have 2nd drop down filtered by first drop down on search page

11. ASP & Populating a Drop down Menu with a DB value

12. populate drop-down menu from database

13. Forms - Populating a drop down menu with info from a database