Navigation Buttons Duplication

Post by Tim Keag » Mon, 20 May 2002 09:19:37

see site http://www.kittydunes.com After installing xp sp1
my navigation buttons randomly have started duplicating.

For an example go to site and click any of the four
pictures. At present only house W019 doesn't duplicate.

Any help would be appriciated.

Navigation Buttons Duplication

Post by Tim » Tue, 21 May 2002 22:11:34

Additional input, I have republished the entire site on a
new server with 2002 extensions verified before starting
the publishing and the problem STILL EXISTS!

Navigation Buttons Duplication

Post by Tim » Wed, 29 May 2002 00:47:11

Additional input, If I remove the <HTML> from the text the pages go back to
normal. In FrontPage you can't see the duplication of the buttons but from
the browser you can see the source where the code has been duplicated. Where
would you look for the problem?

Quote:

> Additional input, I have republished the entire site on a
> new server with 2002 extensions verified before starting
> the publishing and the problem STILL EXISTS!

Navigation Buttons Duplication

Post by Tom Pepper Willet » Wed, 29 May 2002 00:54:31

FP: Include Components and Shared Borders Are Displayed Incorrectly
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q298827
--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett

> Additional input, If I remove the <HTML> from the text the pages go back
> normal. In FrontPage you can't see the duplication of the buttons but from
> the browser you can see the source where the code has been duplicated.
Where
> would you look for the problem?

> > Additional input, I have republished the entire site on a
> > new server with 2002 extensions verified before starting
> > the publishing and the problem STILL EXISTS!

Navigation Buttons Duplication

Post by McQ » Wed, 29 May 2002 07:25:05

This is the problem that won't go away for many.  Eathlink is my webhost and
they don't even acknowledge that there IS a problem with FrontPage 2002
extensions.  They just keep telling me to republish my site, or to stop
using FrontPage.  Some help!

Quote:> FP: Include Components and Shared Borders Are Displayed Incorrectly
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q298827
> --
> -----
> Tom Pepper Willett
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Quote:> ***
> To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
> http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

> ***

> > Additional input, If I remove the <HTML> from the text the pages go back
> > normal. In FrontPage you can't see the duplication of the buttons but
from
> > the browser you can see the source where the code has been duplicated.
> Where
> > would you look for the problem?

> > > Additional input, I have republished the entire site on a
> > > new server with 2002 extensions verified before starting
> > > the publishing and the problem STILL EXISTS!

Navigation Buttons Duplication

Post by Tom Pepper Willet » Wed, 29 May 2002 07:46:29

You have a couple of choices:

1) Find a new host who knows how to properly do what's necessary to handle
the 2002K extensions, or:

2) Follow the recommendations of many of us:  Find a host who will continue
to offer the FP2K extensions.

I honestly have to say that staying with the FP2K extensions at this stage
is the best bet.

--
-----
Tom Pepper Willett

> This is the problem that won't go away for many.  Eathlink is my webhost
and
> they don't even acknowledge that there IS a problem with FrontPage 2002
> extensions.  They just keep telling me to republish my site, or to stop
> using FrontPage.  Some help!

> > FP: Include Components and Shared Borders Are Displayed Incorrectly
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q298827
> > --
> > -----
> > Tom Pepper Willett
> > Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Quote:> > ***
> > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
> > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

> > ***

> > > Additional input, If I remove the <HTML> from the text the pages go
back
> > > normal. In FrontPage you can't see the duplication of the buttons but
> from
> > > the browser you can see the source where the code has been duplicated.
> > Where
> > > would you look for the problem?

1. remove space between global link button (or navigation buttons)

I'm using Front Page 2003 beta and I'm trying to change
the spacing between some global navigation buttons I set
up in a Theme. I'd like there to be no space between the
horizontal nav buttons I set up. Is this possible? Also,
is it possible to have these buttons appear in a fixed
spot on a page?

Thanks for your help,
Debbie

2. Pro/Mfg?

3. navigation button - indent left justified button text

4. install error on win2kpro

5. quicklink buttons and global navigation buttons

6. Problem accessing shares on AIX from WfWg

7. How to add Hover Button behavior to Global Navigation Buttons

8. Compaq 18XL380 and win2k

9. Shared borders publish adds "msnavigation" causing duplication

10. Shared Border Duplication

11. Site Duplication

12. Form duplication problem

13. Avoiding upload duplication