please help with database setup

Post by Blue Presle » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have created a MSAcess 2k database.  I have registered the database in my
ODBC settings as well as having selected it under the web settings options
of front page.  I have the personal web server installed and so are the
server extensions.  I have created an .asp search page that points to my
database and I have it set up so that the results are displayed on a
different page (results.asp).  I save and publish the files.. however, I
cannot retrieve data from the database no matter what I do.  It always says
that "this page cannot be displayed" even though I know the html is
correctly written.  Any suggestions? what am I leaving out?  What am I doing
wrong?  Any help in this area from you who have correctly set this up and
have it working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Blue

please help with database setup

Post by Bruce A. Blac » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

One thing you may be missing is the ASP engine. The engine should be on your
FP CD ROM. On the FP 98 CD ROM it is in the:

        d:\60 Minute Intranet kit\60 Minute Intranet Kit\modules\asp.exe

Executing this will start an Install Wizard which will walk you through the
installation of the ASP engine.

Then you need to import the database into your FP web. Also you need to
create a new folder in your web that will hold the ASP pages. This folder
also has to have execute rights. Create the folder and then right click on
it, choose properties and check the allow scripts or programs to be run
check box.

You can then use the "Database Region" component to create the ASP files
which are to be saved in the newly created executable folder. FP help should
guide you from here.

Bruce A. Black

Quote:> I have created a MSAcess 2k database.  I have registered the database in
my
> ODBC settings as well as having selected it under the web settings options
> of front page.  I have the personal web server installed and so are the
> server extensions.  I have created an .asp search page that points to my
> database and I have it set up so that the results are displayed on a
> different page (results.asp).  I save and publish the files.. however, I
> cannot retrieve data from the database no matter what I do.  It always
says
> that "this page cannot be displayed" even though I know the html is
> correctly written.  Any suggestions? what am I leaving out?  What am I
doing
> wrong?  Any help in this area from you who have correctly set this up and
> have it working would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks for your help,
> Blue

1. Please help me test database forms (please, please, please)

Greetings to all!

I have my database on my site and have asked a few of my customers to try it out.

They are getting an error message 2147217873 and I cannot find anything about
this in the Knowledge Base.

If any of you would be so kind as to try a few forms (just put a "x" in each
field then click "submit") and let me know what the results are I will give you
my next born son!

The site is http://www.fortheloveoflabradors.com.  Then click on "Yearbook" and
try the "Reserve Form" or click on "Breeders' Corner then click on the "Champion
Form" or "Breeder/Owner" Form.

Thank you!!

PS if there is anyone from Microsoft listening, I have tried several times now
without success to join this newsgroup!  When I click on the link it the Email
that is sent in response to my reqest to join, nothing happens.

MaryAnneT
Renton, WA

2. New PostScript Configuration Program

3. Please help me setup a password to restruct users from browsing my family pages.

4. Performance issues while processing XML file

5. help with setup please

6. SPEC results for K6 and 6x86

7. Setup error, please help

8. IBM Easy Options Scanner

9. HELP PLEASE - Setup of Views

10. Please help with FP setup

11. FP(& Setup ..PLEASE HELP !!

12. Server Extensions Setup - Please Help Me !

13. PLEASE help me! Please oh please oh please!