Outline of tables are showing up - why???

Outline of tables are showing up - why???

Post by Martin Rile » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi!

I haven't seen any messages about this yet so am I missing something very
obvious?  My website is now published and when I open it on my PC with MSIE
3.1 all is well and it comes up fairly quickly.  All the hover buttons work
and the tables/cells that hold all my info cannot be seen.

All of my pages have a white background so when I inserted a table I went to
properties and chose white for all of them.  Hence, they are invisible.  I
went onto another PC that used Netscape and it took ages for the site to
download, some of the hover buttons were grey (but not all) and there are
great big table outlines all over the page.  It looks atrocious but I can't
figure out the problem.

Someone else visited the site using MSIE version 4 and her computer crashed
each time she tried.  When it did finally open it was very slow and none of
the hover buttons appeared.

Final chapter!  I tried it on my home computer also with MSIE version 4 and
everything was fine.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks if you can,

Regards,

Siobhan

Outline of tables are showing up - why???

Post by David Berr » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

What's the URL?  NS has a problem with table background colors.  Why don't
you just set the borders to 0 so they don't show?

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP

> Hi!

> I haven't seen any messages about this yet so am I missing something very
> obvious?  My website is now published and when I open it on my PC with
MSIE
> 3.1 all is well and it comes up fairly quickly.  All the hover buttons
work
> and the tables/cells that hold all my info cannot be seen.

> All of my pages have a white background so when I inserted a table I went
> properties and chose white for all of them.  Hence, they are invisible.  I
> went onto another PC that used Netscape and it took ages for the site to
> download, some of the hover buttons were grey (but not all) and there are
> great big table outlines all over the page.  It looks atrocious but I
can't
> figure out the problem.

> Someone else visited the site using MSIE version 4 and her computer
crashed
> each time she tried.  When it did finally open it was very slow and none
of
> the hover buttons appeared.

> Final chapter!  I tried it on my home computer also with MSIE version 4
and
> everything was fine.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

> Many thanks if you can,

> Regards,

> Siobhan

Outline of tables are showing up - why???

Post by Kevin Spence » Tue, 15 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Set the border widths for your tables to 0.

HTH,

--
Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP

> Hi!

> I haven't seen any messages about this yet so am I missing something very
> obvious?  My website is now published and when I open it on my PC with
MSIE
> 3.1 all is well and it comes up fairly quickly.  All the hover buttons
work
> and the tables/cells that hold all my info cannot be seen.

> All of my pages have a white background so when I inserted a table I went
> properties and chose white for all of them.  Hence, they are invisible.  I
> went onto another PC that used Netscape and it took ages for the site to
> download, some of the hover buttons were grey (but not all) and there are
> great big table outlines all over the page.  It looks atrocious but I
can't
> figure out the problem.

> Someone else visited the site using MSIE version 4 and her computer
crashed
> each time she tried.  When it did finally open it was very slow and none
of
> the hover buttons appeared.

> Final chapter!  I tried it on my home computer also with MSIE version 4
and
> everything was fine.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

> Many thanks if you can,

> Regards,

> Siobhan

1. Why TABLE mix-ups?

Using FP2K, I made a page with forms and three tables. The first Table
aligns correctly, on the left of the page. Table 2 (just below Table 1),
aligns center, and Table three aligns to the left correctly, as in line
with Table 1. They show up right in EI 5, but the middle table, Table 2,
still wants to show in Centre in Netscape 4.75. No matter what I do, it
won't go to the left in Netscape 4.75!

In IE 5, the Text Box keeps making the Table cell twice as high as the
Box. Yet, in Netscape 4.75, the Text Boxes look just fine... lining up
with text and NOT putting a big space underneath the Text Box.

I'm not pro or con for either browser and would like my clients, no
matter who they are or what they use as a browser, to see the same
layout. Why the big differences between the two? Not between browsers, I
don't want to get into a pee'ing match over browsers, but between the
end results of a very simple page with simple tables?

You can, if you have both browsers, check out the test at
http://216.71.26.83/strauss/strauss_order_form2.htm

Using Netscape, note that Table 2 centers in the page though it is
aligned for left, and the table cells with the text boxes in them are
one line high. In IE 5, the tables lign left and the text boxes are TWO
lines high... sigh.

Jim Netscapers can Reply All
       IE'ers, appreciate a email response.

2. VC++ project type

3. Normal view isn't so normal -- No table outlines, bgcolors won't show

4. naming consistency

5. Why do tables show up on netscape?

6. REPOST: SPARC Classic Memory

7. Tables : outline only table?

8. REQUEST: Van Halen Balance Font

9. Why Why Why Why is it so?

10. Why am I getting this runtime error when I try to publish website?

11. why am I having trouble with Newsgroup?

12. Why am I getting prompted for a password???????

13. Why am I getting prompt to enter network password after publishing with FP98