Automatica Mail with FP and ASP

Post by Emanuele Tonell » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi everybody
Does anyone know if I can send an automatic message in ASP page with FP
98 with variable mail address?
In Web Bot Component I would something like this S-Mail-Address= "<% =
ASPvar %>" but it does not work. It works only with S-Mail-Address=

Thanks in advance

emanuele

Automatica Mail with FP and ASP

Post by Kris Rudi » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

There is a free ASP component from www.dirac.com that does just that.  You
have to be able to install the dll on the server.
--
Kris Rudin, MCP
Site Builder Network Level 2

> Hi everybody
> Does anyone know if I can send an automatic message in ASP page with FP
> 98 with variable mail address?
> In Web Bot Component I would something like this S-Mail-Address= "<% =
> ASPvar %>" but it does not work. It works only with S-Mail-Address=

> Thanks in advance

> emanuele

Automatica Mail with FP and ASP

Post by Don Nol » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

We use something called JMAIL.dll.

Seems to do the trick........  A consultant handed it to me on a floppy.

(remove zzz's from email)

here is the readme from the zip file

This is not much of a readme file is it. Well we thought that we'd
provide all the latest information you need on the web instead.

Code samples and a complete reference can be found
on http://tech.dimac.net/

Note:
        Jmail requires Winsock2.
        Winsock can be downloaded free from
                ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winsock/winsock2/

Don

Post by Jim Car » Sun, 03 May 1998 04:00:00

>> Hi everybody
>> Does anyone know if I can send an automatic message in ASP page with FP
>> 98 with variable mail address?
>> In Web Bot Component I would something like this S-Mail-Address= "<% =
>> ASPvar %>" but it does not work. It works only with S-Mail-Address=

Try my software, E-Forms EZ at http://www.azwebpages.com/e-forms. That
should do the trick for you.

Jim Carr
E-Forms EZ
http://www.azwebpages.com/e-forms
Forms to E-Mail Made Easy!
Customized messages (text or HTML), file attachments,
multiple recipients, confirmation messages, and more!
Download your free demo today!

1. e-mailing an asp form in FP 2000

If you're using the FP Forms Handler "web bot" then no, it cannot be a .asp
page.  You can however ask your ISP if they have a different forms handler
such as ASPMail, CDONTS etc that you can use.

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP

2. Orbix2000 interoperability problem

3. Sending Mail From a XP machine w/FP (mail form?)

4. Flight Simulators for the Amigaa 1200

5. PWS and ASP CDO Mail

6. Sunos PPP driver fix question

7. ASP Mailing List

8. Disable LM14A Auto-Ack?