full path to image

Post by Bavnev » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,

I have linked an Access 97 database to my FP2K web. The result of the
Access query is the name of a specific firm in a certain branche and
the logo of that firm (gif file). According tot KB article Q216285 I
would only have to define the specific logo in this web based design
as:
/images/logo.gif

No way in my web and database. I have to point it like:
http://localhost/testweb/images/logo.gif

this is not very handy: if I want to publish my website to a
"real"server, as I have to repoint all the image files.

Anyone any idea how to get the first option working?

Thanks in advance.

Job

full path to image

Post by Frank Oquend » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Leave off the leading slash.

--
Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?
http://www.acadx.com

Quote:> Hi there,

> I have linked an Access 97 database to my FP2K web. The result of the
> Access query is the name of a specific firm in a certain branche and
> the logo of that firm (gif file). According tot KB article Q216285 I
> would only have to define the specific logo in this web based design
> as:
> /images/logo.gif

> No way in my web and database. I have to point it like:
> http://localhost/testweb/images/logo.gif

> this is not very handy: if I want to publish my website to a
> "real"server, as I have to repoint all the image files.

> Anyone any idea how to get the first option working?

> Thanks in advance.

> Job

full path to image

Post by Bavnev » Tue, 06 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Frank,

frustration can depend on a simple slash (or stupidness...)

cu

Job

On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 00:26:57 -0500, "Frank Oquendo"

>Leave off the leading slash.

1. Full Path to Images

Is there anyway to prevent Frontpage from taking its
shortcut and not providing the full path to an image or
hyperlink?

For example:
src="../image/image.gif
vs
src="http://www.website.com/image/image.gif

This continually provides problems and extra work when
creating email broadcasts.

Any ideas other than find and replace?

2. Darkseed HELP

3. image path and link path in Frontpage 98

4. Where to obtain EMTEX and PCTEX???

5. Force FP to use full web paths in pictures and links?

6. File Transfer Protocols

7. horizontal navigation bar with full "path" of page

8. Difference Between 68881 and 68882

9. Full Path shown in url address field

10. Full Path in URL

11. Full Machine Path

12. search results do not display full path

13. link's full path