List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Tony » Tue, 15 May 2001 22:42:25

Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and ie4x to
no avail.

Thanks

Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Bob Lehman » Tue, 15 May 2001 22:45:26

Do you have <form></form> around your form elements?

--
Bob Lehmann

Active Internet Solutions
Database Solutions for Web Developers
www.activeinet.com

Quote:> Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
> netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and ie4x
> no avail.

> Thanks

> Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Tony » Tue, 15 May 2001 22:53:46

Yes, frontpage 2000 has generated <form action etc..> and </form>, but the
list box options all display on one line and are not selectable.

Tony

> Do you have <form></form> around your form elements?

> --
> Bob Lehmann

> Active Internet Solutions
> Database Solutions for Web Developers
> www.activeinet.com

> > Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
> > netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and ie4x
> > no avail.

> > Thanks

> > Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Bob Lehman » Tue, 15 May 2001 23:37:05

Do you have a URL or the form HTML to look at?

--
Bob Lehmann

Active Internet Solutions
Database Solutions for Web Developers
www.activeinet.com

> Yes, frontpage 2000 has generated <form action etc..> and </form>, but the
> list box options all display on one line and are not selectable.

> Tony

> > Do you have <form></form> around your form elements?

> > --
> > Bob Lehmann

> > Active Internet Solutions
> > Database Solutions for Web Developers
> > www.activeinet.com

> > > Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
> > > netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and
ie4x
> > > no avail.

> > > Thanks

> > > Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Mike Bussier » Wed, 16 May 2001 03:09:57

FYI,
I have the same problem at this url.
http://www.marinestandards.com/manufacturers_trade_listing.asp
I have tried everything I could think of, except ask this panel of experts,
and can not get scrolling text boxes and drop downs to work in NN4.75.

The scrolling text box and drop downs work in IE5+ and NN6.01. It is soooooo
frustrating. Netscape fixed one problem with NN6.01 and creates others which
at this time will go unmentioned since it is a different topic for
discussion. I'll be watching the advise from you experts

Regards

Quote:> Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
> netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and ie4x
> no avail.

> Thanks

> Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Wed, 16 May 2001 00:38:47

You can create form fields that look very close in most browsers including
webtv (and even have NN not "stretch" them out) if you add following style
in your HEAD section (after the theme code if you use one) of your page:

fieldset     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
select       { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
textarea     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
   // --></style>

And then format all Form Field boxes with:
size="2"> Dropdown or text field here </font>

Also for textarea (multiline) fields add in HTML View the attribute
wrap="virtual", i.e.:
    <textarea name="Comments" rows="3" cols="50" tabindex="15"
wrap="virtual">

PS - Don't use any other inline styles or variable width fonts in the forms

--

Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below link)

| Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
| netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and ie4x
| no avail.
|
| Thanks
|
| Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Mike Bussier » Wed, 16 May 2001 04:24:37

Stefan,
Looks interesting and I will try this as soon as I get a chance. I think I
have grasped your instruction. Do you have a url of a FP site where you have
implemented this.  I would like to view your code, just to be clear.

Thanks
Mike Bussiere

> You can create form fields that look very close in most browsers including
> webtv (and even have NN not "stretch" them out) if you add following style
> in your HEAD section (after the theme code if you use one) of your page:

> fieldset     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
> Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
> select       { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
> Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
> textarea     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
> Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
>    // --></style>

> And then format all Form Field boxes with:
> size="2"> Dropdown or text field here </font>

> Also for textarea (multiline) fields add in HTML View the attribute
> wrap="virtual", i.e.:
>     <textarea name="Comments" rows="3" cols="50" tabindex="15"
> wrap="virtual">

> PS - Don't use any other inline styles or variable width fonts in the
forms

> --

> Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
> When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below link)
>   http://support.microsoft.com/support/default.asp?PR=fp2000

> | Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
> | netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and ie4x
> | no avail.
> |
> | Thanks
> |
> | Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Thomas A. Row » Wed, 16 May 2001 02:27:17

Tony,

Make sure your drop downs are set up as follows:

<select size="1" name="Title">
<option value="Mr.">Mr.</option>
<option value="Ms.">Ms.</option>
<option value="Mrs.">Mrs.</option>
<option value="Miss">Miss</option>
</select>

--

=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

> Yes, frontpage 2000 has generated <form action etc..> and </form>, but the
> list box options all display on one line and are not selectable.

> Tony

> > Do you have <form></form> around your form elements?

> > --
> > Bob Lehmann

> > Active Internet Solutions
> > Database Solutions for Web Developers
> > www.activeinet.com

> > > Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
> > > netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and
ie4x
> > > no avail.

> > > Thanks

> > > Tony

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Wed, 16 May 2001 03:46:02

http://sbrenjoy.bizland.com/ - any of the contact forms or reference contact
site forms

--

Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below link)
  http://support.microsoft.com/support/default.asp?PR=fp2000

| Stefan,
| Looks interesting and I will try this as soon as I get a chance. I think I
| have grasped your instruction. Do you have a url of a FP site where you
have
| implemented this.  I would like to view your code, just to be clear.
|
| Thanks
| Mike Bussiere
|

| > You can create form fields that look very close in most browsers
including
| > webtv (and even have NN not "stretch" them out) if you add following
style
| > in your HEAD section (after the theme code if you use one) of your page:

| > fieldset     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco,
Courier,
| > Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
| > select       { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco,
Courier,
| > Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
| > textarea     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco,
Courier,
| > Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
| >    // --></style>
| >
| > And then format all Form Field boxes with:
Monospace"
| > size="2"> Dropdown or text field here </font>
| >
| > Also for textarea (multiline) fields add in HTML View the attribute
| > wrap="virtual", i.e.:
| >     <textarea name="Comments" rows="3" cols="50" tabindex="15"
| > wrap="virtual">
| >
| > PS - Don't use any other inline styles or variable width fonts in the
| forms
| >
| > --

| > Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can
benefit
| > When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below
link)
| >   http://support.microsoft.com/support/default.asp?PR=fp2000
| >

| > | Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
| > | netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and
ie4x
| > | no avail.
| > |
| > | Thanks
| > |
| > | Tony
| > |
| > |

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Tony » Thu, 17 May 2001 00:08:48

I have tried all of the suggested things.  Is it because I'm using a
frontpage webbot for the form?  It shows up fine in IE, but no luck under
netscape 4x.  Thanks so much for all the replies so far, still no solution
though.

Tony

> Tony,

> Make sure your drop downs are set up as follows:

> <select size="1" name="Title">
> <option value="Mr.">Mr.</option>
> <option value="Ms.">Ms.</option>
> <option value="Mrs.">Mrs.</option>
> <option value="Miss">Miss</option>
> </select>

> --

> =====================================
> Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
> Newsletter, WebRing, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

> > Yes, frontpage 2000 has generated <form action etc..> and </form>, but
the
> > list box options all display on one line and are not selectable.

> > Tony

> > > Do you have <form></form> around your form elements?

> > > --
> > > Bob Lehmann

> > > Active Internet Solutions
> > > Database Solutions for Web Developers
> > > www.activeinet.com

> ie4x

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Tony » Thu, 17 May 2001 00:22:36

Ok, heres some code, taken directly from the frontpage 2000 generator, I
took this as a base and changed it in the Frontpage editor for my own code.
This code does not work under netscape 4x either:

<form action="--WEBBOT-SELF--" method="POST" onSubmit="">
  <!--webbot bot="SaveResults" startspan U-File="buglist.htm"
S-Format="HTML/DL"
  S-Label-Fields="TRUE"
  S-Builtin-Fields="Date Time REMOTE_NAME REMOTE_USER HTTP_USER_AGENT"
  S-Form-Fields --><input TYPE="hidden" NAME="VTI-GROUP"
VALUE="0"><!--webbot
  bot="SaveResults" endspan -->
  <ol>
    <li>What version of the software are you using?<br>
      <select name="FPVersion" size=1>
        <option>Alpha release</option>
        <option>Beta release 1</option>
        <option>Beta release 2</option>
        <option selected>Release 1.0</option>
        <option>Release 1.1</option>
        <option>Release 1.2</option>
      </select><br>
    </li>
    <li>What operating system are you using?<br>
      <select name="OSVersion" size=1>
        <option>Windows 3.1</option>
        <option>Windows NT or Windows 2000</option>
        <option>Windows 95</option>
        <option selected>Windows 98</option>
        <option>Other</option>
      </select> Other: <input type=text size=20 maxlength=256
name="OSVersionOther"><br>
    </li>
    <li>Please enter a brief one-line description of the problem:<br>
      <input type=text size=55 maxlength=256 name="OneLiner"><br>
under image")<br>
    </li>
    <li>If the problem is reproducible, please list the steps required to
cause it,<br>
leaving a blank line between steps:<br>
some text ...")<br>
once, or occasionally for no apparent
reason), please describe the circumstances in which it occurred and the
symptoms observed:<br>
non-reproducible bugs)<br>
    </li>
    <li>If the problem causes any error messages to appear, please write
down the exact text
displayed and enter it here:<br>
    </li>
    <li>Please provide us with the following information in case we need to
contact you:<pre>Name:    <input type=text size=27 maxlength=256
name="UserName">
Phone:   <input type=text size=27 maxlength=256 name="UserPhone">
E-mail:  <input type=text size=27 maxlength=256 name="UserEmail"> </pre>
    </li>
  </ol>
value="Clear Form"></p>
</form>

> I have tried all of the suggested things.  Is it because I'm using a
> frontpage webbot for the form?  It shows up fine in IE, but no luck under
> netscape 4x.  Thanks so much for all the replies so far, still no solution
> though.

> Tony

> > Tony,

> > Make sure your drop downs are set up as follows:

> > <select size="1" name="Title">
> > <option value="Mr.">Mr.</option>
> > <option value="Ms.">Ms.</option>
> > <option value="Mrs.">Mrs.</option>
> > <option value="Miss">Miss</option>
> > </select>

> > --

> > =====================================
> > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> > http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> > FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
> > Newsletter, WebRing, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

> > > Yes, frontpage 2000 has generated <form action etc..> and </form>, but
> the
> > > list box options all display on one line and are not selectable.

> > > Tony

> with
> > ie4x

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Thomas A. Row » Thu, 17 May 2001 00:45:40

The code posted below work just fine in NS3.04, NS4.08 and IE5.5sp1

--

=====================================
> [...]

> > frontpage webbot for the form?  It shows up fine in IE, but no luck
under
> > netscape 4x.  Thanks so much for all the replies so far, still no
solution
> > though.

> > Tony

> > > Tony,

> > > Make sure your drop downs are set up as follows:

> > > <select size="1" name="Title">
> > > <option value="Mr.">Mr.</option>
> > > <option value="Ms.">Ms.</option>
> > > <option value="Mrs.">Mrs.</option>
> > > <option value="Miss">Miss</option>
> > > </select>

> > > --

> > > =====================================
> > > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> > > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> > > http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> > > FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
> > > Newsletter, WebRing, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

> [...]

> > frontpage webbot for the form?  It shows up fine in IE, but no luck
under
> > netscape 4x.  Thanks so much for all the replies so far, still no
solution
> > though.

> > Tony

> > > Tony,

> > > Make sure your drop downs are set up as follows:

> > > <select size="1" name="Title">
> > > <option value="Mr.">Mr.</option>
> > > <option value="Ms.">Ms.</option>
> > > <option value="Mrs.">Mrs.</option>
> > > <option value="Miss">Miss</option>
> > > </select>

> > > --

> > > =====================================
> > > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> > > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> > > http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> > > FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
> > > Newsletter, WebRing, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

Post by Mike Bussier » Thu, 17 May 2001 07:56:30

Tony,
Sorry that I have been eves-dropping on your life's little FP challenge, but
I have the same problem that I have wrestled with for weeks. I too, need the
help.

I have tried some Java suggestions and VB is still over my head. I have
looked at Pearl but still don't understand how to program with it. Sorry
guys, I'm new at this and still have a long way to go, but right now, as
Tony, I am stuck.

Very simple page to view at http://www.marinestandards.com/new_page_1.asp
Not much on this page just the basic elements.

Bob,
1.) I also have <form> </form> around my elements.

Thomas A. Rowe,
1.) I have placed the following in the page. It does not work in NN4.75.
Please see http://www.marinestandards.com/new_page_1.asp
<select size="1" name="Title">
<option value="Mr.">Mr.</option>
<option value="Ms.">Ms.</option>
<option value="Mrs.">Mrs.</option>
<option value="Miss">Miss</option>
</select>

2.) Your code suggestion of May 15, 2001 8:45 AM does not work. I plugged
your code into a page ate  http://www.marinestandards.com/new_page_2.htm
If you view this page you will notice that only your code is in the body.
Netscape 4.75 does not like your code.

Stefan B. Rusynko,
1.) I have also tried your suggestion of May 14, 2001  8:38 AM.
I have gone to http://sbrenjoy.bizland.com/services/webservices.html and
printed your code and implemented your suggestions into the page. They also
do not work.

Please advise
Mike Bussiere

----------end of message----------

Quote:> Can anyone help?  Is there an option to make the forms comptible with
> netscape?  I have set the web to be compatible with netscape 4x and ie4x
> no avail.

> Thanks

> Tony

1. graphics don't show up in netscape 4.5

Delete the info you inserted into the "Low Resolution" field under image properties for each image.

--

====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
Newsletter, WebRing, etc.

    i have published two websites using FP98. the first website looks fine in both IE5 and Netscape (www.voicenet.com/~jodyb).  the second website (www.aljames.com) looks fine in IE5 but in Netscape the graphics don't show up.  has anybody had this problem or know of a solution.   Thanks!!!

    --
    jody b

2. Machine Learning Workshop - Paper Format

3. Tex boxes don't work in IE but work in Netscape

4. Berkeley DB .Net API

5. Other Top 10 List components don't work

6. Temperature devices

7. Forms don't work in Netscape Navigator that do work in Microsoft Internet Explorer

8. Newbie - Explain Pointers

9. Netscape 4.5 will not see a a one line text box in a table

10. Can't view site with Netscape 4.5

11. Help- Front Page to Netscape 4.5 (Forms)

12. 1st page wordwraps, others don't/won't

13. FP2000 - 2 components don't work