Displaying Default Picture when 'Real' Picture Doesn't Exist

Displaying Default Picture when 'Real' Picture Doesn't Exist

Post by news.mindspring.ne » Sat, 04 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'd like to display a default picture when the picture (which is pointed to
by the data in the Access database) doesn't exist.  How do I 'existance
check' for the picture *first*, then if it doesn't exist, to display a
default graphic (perhaps a graphic saying 'No Picture')?

Thanks!

Displaying Default Picture when 'Real' Picture Doesn't Exist

Post by Jens Peter Karlsen [FP MVP » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Not possible.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:41:57 -0500, "news.mindspring.net"

>I'd like to display a default picture when the picture (which is pointed to
>by the data in the Access database) doesn't exist.  How do I 'existance
>check' for the picture *first*, then if it doesn't exist, to display a
>default graphic (perhaps a graphic saying 'No Picture')?

>Thanks!

Displaying Default Picture when 'Real' Picture Doesn't Exist

Post by John L » Mon, 06 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Got to disagree here...
I do something like that, and here is the code that I use...

<%=RS("List_Pic")%>Sm.jpg"  width="68" height="45"
onError="this.src='http://mysite.com/Images/houseani.gif'">

If the ???Sm.jpg isn't on the server, then the houseani.gif pops up.
Works fine for me.

--
John L.

FrontPage Help
www.rjcomps.com/FrontPage

Webmaster
www.lcn2000.com

> Not possible.

> Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

> On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 16:41:57 -0500, "news.mindspring.net"

> >I'd like to display a default picture when the picture (which is pointed
> >by the data in the Access database) doesn't exist.  How do I 'existance
> >check' for the picture *first*, then if it doesn't exist, to display a
> >default graphic (perhaps a graphic saying 'No Picture')?

> >Thanks!

1. Displaying Default Picture When Picture Doesn't Exist

I have another problem ...

I'd like to display a default picture when the picture (which is pointed to
by the data in the Access database) doesn't exist.  How do I 'existance
check' for the picture *first*, then if it doesn't exist, to display a
default graphic (perhaps a graphic saying 'No Picture')?

Thanks!

2. Image Resolution

3. Step by step MS article to display picture doesn't work - reposted

4. Can Matlab use my existing Ghostscript installation?

5. Picture doesn't always display in browser

6. FS: NEC 3D Monitor

7. Step by step MS article to display picture doesn't work

8. modify table

9. can't publish web site - Website doesn't exist

10. Page Banners and the 'picture' option

11. Showing a 'please wait' while picture is loading

12. Word Art doesn't display on older OS's browser

13. *.asp pages don't display and publishing doesn't work