Preloading images in FP2000

Post by Tom Sargen » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:06:30

I am using the swap images feature under Dynamic HTML effects to make a
piece of
text look shaded when the mouse goes over it.  Both graphic files (the
unshaded and
the shaded) are about 1K big.  The only problem is that when the page is
loaded and the
user passes his mouse over the unshaded graphic it takes a few seconds for
the graphic
to go shaded.  Is there a way to preload the images so that it goes from
unshaded to
shaded instantly?  Thanks, Tom.

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 23:56:57

http://javascript.internet.com/generators/preload-images.html

--

Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
When in doubt try the F1 key  (-:    [or if it's broken try the below link]

| I am using the swap images feature under Dynamic HTML effects to make a
| piece of
| text look shaded when the mouse goes over it.  Both graphic files (the
| unshaded and
| the shaded) are about 1K big.  The only problem is that when the page is
| loaded and the
| user passes his mouse over the unshaded graphic it takes a few seconds for
| the graphic
| to go shaded.  Is there a way to preload the images so that it goes from
| unshaded to
| shaded instantly?  Thanks, Tom.

Preloading images in FP2000

Post by MD WebsUnlimited.co » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 00:18:07

Hi Tom,

Take a look at
http://www.websunlimited.com/help_pages_2002/navigation/navigation_he....
htm
mouse over the logo and select Mouse Over Image. Mouse over image integrates
the preloader into the component automatically.

If you just want a preloader then
http://www.websunlimited.com/help_pages_2002/Image/Image_help_dir.htm
mouse over the logo and select Image Preloader

--

Mike - MS FrontPage MVP
================================

Quote:> I am using the swap images feature under Dynamic HTML effects to make a
> piece of
> text look shaded when the mouse goes over it.  Both graphic files (the
> unshaded and
> the shaded) are about 1K big.  The only problem is that when the page is
> loaded and the
> user passes his mouse over the unshaded graphic it takes a few seconds for
> the graphic
> to go shaded.  Is there a way to preload the images so that it goes from
> unshaded to
> shaded instantly?  Thanks, Tom.

1. Preloading Images with FP2000 Rollovers

I have a site that I have done using FP2000. The menu is an included page
that is used on every page in the site and has FP DHTML rollovers. Does
anyone know if there is a way to preload the rollover images? FP doesn't
seem to set up the preloading and the naming conventions are different from
other scripting. Since this page is used on all the others as well
preloading the images once should boost the speed.

Thanks

Stephen Kennedy

2. /\/\ Problem With Warp and Win311 Seamless /\/\

3. Image preload for instant image swap - how?

4. trying to build emacs-19.19 on HP 730 running HPUX 9.01 and using /bin/cc

5. Image Preload vs. Image lowsrc Loading Speed?

6. problem with res_init in chroot environment

7. Preload Image for Image Swap on Mouse Over

8. Preload in FP2000

9. preloading images

10. Preloading Images :: Help Needed.

11. How do I preload buttons/images for MSIE6

12. Preloading Images