Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Post by Michael Haxto » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00



I am running W98 with PWS and FP extensions and keep getting the error
"Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server". I have
re-installed the PWS and the FP extensions to no avail. I would appreciate
help from anyone who can assist.
 
 
 

Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Post by R. W. Gerlin » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00


Install FP using the repair and correct...rg


Quote:> I am running W98 with PWS and FP extensions and keep getting the error
> "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server". I have
> re-installed the PWS and the FP extensions to no avail. I would appreciate
> help from anyone who can assist.


 
 
 

Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Post by Michael Haxto » Thu, 23 Dec 1999 04:00:00


Thanks for the suggestion, however when I tried that I got the message
"Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server" and the
errors remained.

MH



> Install FP using the repair and correct...rg



> > I am running W98 with PWS and FP extensions and keep getting the error
> > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server". I have
> > re-installed the PWS and the FP extensions to no avail. I would
appreciate
> > help from anyone who can assist.

 
 
 

Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Post by R. W. Gerlin » Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:00:00


Try uninstalling the extensions and reinstalling the  extensions.   rg

> I am also having the same problem, I have been troubleshooting for a
> week - the KB articles don't seem to help.  I also have unistalled and
> reinstalled MSPWS and FPSE (I tried both 98 and 2000) without success -
> I know it can be done, but I sure am stumped right now...



> > Thanks for the suggestion, however when I tried that I got the message
> > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server" and
> the
> > errors remained.

> > MH



> > > Install FP using the repair and correct...rg



> > > > I am running W98 with PWS and FP extensions and keep getting the
> error
> > > > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server".
> I have
> > > > re-installed the PWS and the FP extensions to no avail. I would
> > appreciate
> > > > help from anyone who can assist.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Post by ren_x.. » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00


I am also having the same problem, I have been troubleshooting for a
week - the KB articles don't seem to help.  I also have unistalled and
reinstalled MSPWS and FPSE (I tried both 98 and 2000) without success -
I know it can be done, but I sure am stumped right now...



> Thanks for the suggestion, however when I tried that I got the message
> "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server" and
the
> errors remained.

> MH



> > Install FP using the repair and correct...rg



> > > I am running W98 with PWS and FP extensions and keep getting the
error
> > > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server".
I have
> > > re-installed the PWS and the FP extensions to no avail. I would
> appreciate
> > > help from anyone who can assist.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Post by ren_x.. » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00


I have done this repeatedly to no avail.

I finally just gave up and went with NT - I should've known better than
to try and actually develop on 98 (although I do know those who do).

So what if UT doesn't look as great anymore... ;)



> Try uninstalling the extensions and reinstalling the  extensions.   rg




> > I am also having the same problem, I have been troubleshooting for a
> > week - the KB articles don't seem to help.  I also have unistalled
and
> > reinstalled MSPWS and FPSE (I tried both 98 and 2000) without
success -
> > I know it can be done, but I sure am stumped right now...



> > > Thanks for the suggestion, however when I tried that I got the
message
> > > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server"
and
> > the
> > > errors remained.

> > > MH



> > > > Install FP using the repair and correct...rg



> > > > > I am running W98 with PWS and FP extensions and keep getting
the
> > error
> > > > > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web
Server".
> > I have
> > > > > re-installed the PWS and the FP extensions to no avail. I
would
> > > appreciate
> > > > > help from anyone who can assist.

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.
 
 
 

Server error: Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

Post by Geof » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00


must have missed this one earlier - what this means is that the pws is not
installed correctly or damaged...

the way to fix this would be to reinstall the pws - if you have the one from
the windows98 cd you can run the setup program from the cd
(x:\add-ons\pws\setup.exe) and choose 'remove all' then when that is done
run the setup again and reinstall it (i just do typical, it's easier)
if you have the one from the fp98 cd, you can just run the setup and install
it over the top of the existing install with no problems, then when you have
that done, you should be able to install the server extensions.

good luck  :)

--
Geoff Stearns
http://www.spiderinteractive.net


> I have done this repeatedly to no avail.

> I finally just gave up and went with NT - I should've known better than
> to try and actually develop on 98 (although I do know those who do).

> So what if UT doesn't look as great anymore... ;)



> > Try uninstalling the extensions and reinstalling the  extensions.   rg



> > > I am also having the same problem, I have been troubleshooting for a
> > > week - the KB articles don't seem to help.  I also have unistalled
> and
> > > reinstalled MSPWS and FPSE (I tried both 98 and 2000) without
> success -
> > > I know it can be done, but I sure am stumped right now...



> > > > Thanks for the suggestion, however when I tried that I got the
> message
> > > > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server"
> and
> > > the
> > > > errors remained.

> > > > MH



> > > > > Install FP using the repair and correct...rg



> > > > > > I am running W98 with PWS and FP extensions and keep getting
> the
> > > error
> > > > > > "Unable to read configuration for Microsoft Personal Web
> Server".
> > > I have
> > > > > > re-installed the PWS and the FP extensions to no avail. I
> would
> > > > appreciate
> > > > > > help from anyone who can assist.

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

1. Server Error: Unable to access configuration for Microsoft Personal Web Server.

On occassion (once in 3 or 4 times), I am unable to open any FrontPage
webs.  I get the error message listed in this posting's subject line.

Once this situation occurs, I am unable to get connected, and it takes
a reboot to square things away.

This is a Win98 system with VS6 (VB and VID) and the "NT Option Pack
for W9x" (what a name!!!) installed.

Does anyone else ever get this condition?  Does anyone know what's
going on?

thanks,
Bud Stowe

2. trace GPF

3. Server error: unable to read configuration for Microsoft Internet Information Server

4. hp9000 network troubles

5. UNABLE TO READ CONFIGURATION INFO FOR MS PERSONAL WEB SERVER

6. How To Enable Unequal Cost Path Under RIP?

7. error code 1723,unable to read configuration settings for ms web server installation

8. Current CSD level

9. Server Error: Unable to read config for microsoft internet information server????

10. Server Error: Unable to read config for microsoft internet information server

11. Server error: Unable to read configuration for MPWS

12. Server Error: Unable to Read Configuration for MS IIS

13. Server Error: Unable to read configuration for IIS