I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Jetlag Johnso » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find it so
irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's messages
(I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people that
don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the servers
that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept them.
I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that rules
don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of course,
the world's full of them.

CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Tom Peppe » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Mark them as read or delete them from your newsreader.

--

Tom Pepper
MVG - Most Valuable Geezer

>Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find it
so
>irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
messages
>(I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people that
>don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
servers
>that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept them.
>I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
>important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that rules
>don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of course,
>the world's full of them.

>CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Mike S » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You can 'customize current view' and filter them from display.

If you're using Outlook Express:  View | Current View | Customize Current
View

Mike S.

Quote:> Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find it
so
> irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
messages
> (I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
that
> don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
servers
> that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept them.
> I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that rules
> don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
course,
> the world's full of them.

> CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Pete Koutoula » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Also I usually kill the sender of post-dated messages.

--

[ pete ]

> Mark them as read or delete them from your newsreader.

> --

> Tom Pepper
> MVG - Most Valuable Geezer
> ---

> >Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find it
> so
> >irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
> messages
> >(I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
that
> >don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
> servers
> >that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept them.
> >I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> >important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that
rules
> >don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
course,
> >the world's full of them.

> >CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by MD WebsUnlimited.co » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

If your referring to the FrontPage Resources message above, as a Microsoft
FrontPage MVP, it is posted as a service to the users of this newsgroup.  .

If it annoys you so much I suggest that you learn how to utilize your news
reader.

--
Mike
FrontPage Microsoft MVP

Quote:> Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find it
so
> irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
messages
> (I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
that
> don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
servers
> that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept them.
> I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that rules
> don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
course,
> the world's full of them.

> CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Jetlag Johnso » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, Mike and to all that relied. They are no longer there.

> You can 'customize current view' and filter them from display.

> If you're using Outlook Express:  View | Current View | Customize Current
> View

> Mike S.

> > Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find
it
> so
> > irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
> messages
> > (I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
> that
> > don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
> servers
> > that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept
them.
> > I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> > important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that
rules
> > don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
> course,
> > the world's full of them.

> > CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Jetlag Johnso » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

It did annoy me. The people's messages that I was referring to are now gone.
Since it doesn't seem to annoy you, as a MVP, I guess you like seeing seeing
them all the time. To each his own.

.

> If it annoys you so much I suggest that you learn how to utilize your news
> reader.

> --
> Mike
> FrontPage Microsoft MVP
>  J-Bots Plus 2000 For FrontPage 2000
> 50 Components in all - Cookies / Images / Forms
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find
it
> so
> > irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
> messages
> > (I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
> that
> > don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
> servers
> > that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept
them.
> > I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> > important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that
rules
> > don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
> course,
> > the world's full of them.

> > CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by WF » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

oooohhhhh.... MVP

> It did annoy me. The people's messages that I was referring to are now
gone.
> Since it doesn't seem to annoy you, as a MVP, I guess you like seeing
seeing
> them all the time. To each his own.

> > If your referring to the FrontPage Resources message above, as a
Microsoft
> > FrontPage MVP, it is posted as a service to the users of this newsgroup.
> .

> > If it annoys you so much I suggest that you learn how to utilize your
news
> > reader.

> > --
> > Mike
> > FrontPage Microsoft MVP
> >  J-Bots Plus 2000 For FrontPage 2000
> > 50 Components in all - Cookies / Images / Forms
> > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > > Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find
> it
> > so
> > > irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
> > messages
> > > (I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
> > that
> > > don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
> > servers
> > > that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept
> them.
> > > I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> > > important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that
> rules
> > > don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
> > course,
> > > the world's full of them.

> > > CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by NAEE » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Not physically of course :-)

--
Thanks
NAEEM
http://www.veryComputer.com/  03 August
Also I usually kill the sender of post-dated messages.

--

[ pete ]

> Mark them as read or delete them from your newsreader.

> --

> Tom Pepper
> MVG - Most Valuable Geezer
> ---

> >Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find it
> so
> >irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
> messages
> >(I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
that
> >don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
> servers
> >that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept them.
> >I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> >important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that
rules
> >don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
course,
> >the world's full of them.

> >CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Pete Koutoula » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Um, yeah of course. Sure, anything you say... ;-)

--

[ pete ]

> Not physically of course :-)

> --
> Thanks
> NAEEM
> Have you seen my sites lately:
> http://www.veryComputer.com/  03 August
> http://www.veryComputer.com/  03 August

> Also I usually kill the sender of post-dated messages.

> --

> [ pete ]

> > Mark them as read or delete them from your newsreader.

> > --

> > Tom Pepper
> > MVG - Most Valuable Geezer
> > ---

> > >Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find
it
> > so
> > >irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
> > messages
> > >(I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
> that
> > >don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
> > servers
> > >that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept
them.
> > >I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> > >important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that
> rules
> > >don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
> course,
> > >the world's full of them.

> > >CLM

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by MD WebsUnlimited.co » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I just deal with it.

--
Mike
FrontPage Microsoft MVP
 J-Bots Plus 2000 For FrontPage 2000
50 Components in all - Cookies / Images / Forms
http://www.veryComputer.com/

> oooohhhhh.... MVP

> > It did annoy me. The people's messages that I was referring to are now
> gone.
> > Since it doesn't seem to annoy you, as a MVP, I guess you like seeing
> seeing
> > them all the time. To each his own.

> > > If your referring to the FrontPage Resources message above, as a
> Microsoft
> > > FrontPage MVP, it is posted as a service to the users of this
newsgroup.
> > .

> > > If it annoys you so much I suggest that you learn how to utilize your
> news
> > > reader.

> > > --
> > > Mike
> > > FrontPage Microsoft MVP
> > >  J-Bots Plus 2000 For FrontPage 2000
> > > 50 Components in all - Cookies / Images / Forms
> > > http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > it
> > > so
> > > messages
> > > that
> > > servers
> > them.
> > rules
> > > course,

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by CSF » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Yup, I agree. It's annoying.

I'm sick of seeing the "wrong date" messages

Post by Jens Peter Karlsen [FP MVP » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

No. He probably does just like me delete all post dated messages
(except the resources posting) the minute they are seen.
Never to be seen again much less answered.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Post by Stanley L. Moor » Sat, 26 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Can't someone remove the messages with the wrong dates on them? I find
it so
> irritating to have to wade through the *above to get to today's
messages
> (I've had to look at the same ones all week long). They're from people
that
> don't follow the rules. I wish newsgroups would set up a rule on the
servers
> that if the posting date is not the current date, they won't accept
them.
> I'm referring to the people that change their dates so that their "all
> important messages" appear first (me,me,me). These people think that
rules
> don't apply to them and that they are better than everyone else. Of
course,
> the world's full of them.

Outlook Express allows you to set up View parameters.  I generally set
mine to "hide read messages".  So you will not only see them once if
open and read them.  I expect most other newsreaders will have similar
functionality.  You could also delete them from the server.  In any case
I have never noticed messages with future dates, and I have a column
that tells me the date sent.  Take care.

--
Stanley L. Moore
"The eye strays not