Conflict on Port 80

Post by Tsutomu Inou » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello, Folks

I got a following error message after installed PWS4 for FP2000 upgrade on
Window98 2nd Dell computer just bought recently.  "Frontpage has detected a
web sever conflict on Port 80, which has server extensions for the Front
Page Personal Web Server but is running a Microsoft-IIS/4.0 server.  Front
Page requires that you install the Front Page Server Extensions on this new
server before using it."

How do you resolve this problem?

  I want to use Microsoft PWS4 instead of Front Page PWS.  FrontPage Server
Administrator doesn't help but only giving me another error message saying "
Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Web
Server: Error code 1114"

Thanks
Tom

Conflict on Port 80

Post by Kevin Spence » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

The web server software uses a TCP/IP port (default port 80) to receive
requests and send responses. FrontPage server extensions must be installed
in web server directories. Therefore, when you want to upgrade your web
server, the FIRST thing to do is to use the current web server's
administration utility to remove the server extensions from Port 80 before
uninstalling the web server and installing the new one.

HTH,

--
Kevin Spencer
Microsoft FrontPage MVP

Quote:> Hello, Folks

> I got a following error message after installed PWS4 for FP2000 upgrade on
> Window98 2nd Dell computer just bought recently.  "Frontpage has detected
> web sever conflict on Port 80, which has server extensions for the Front
> Page Personal Web Server but is running a Microsoft-IIS/4.0 server.  Front
> Page requires that you install the Front Page Server Extensions on this
new
> server before using it."

> How do you resolve this problem?

>   I want to use Microsoft PWS4 instead of Front Page PWS.  FrontPage
Server
> Administrator doesn't help but only giving me another error message saying
"
> Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Web
> Server: Error code 1114"

> Thanks
> Tom

1. Port 80 conflict?

I have a WinProxy software on my NT system to allow my LAN to use a single
cable modem. It's set up to use Port 80. Now when I go to open a web in FP98
I get a message to contact my ISP because the server may not have Front Page
extensions etc.., under details it has "403 Forbidden" and "The request was
not properly formatted. A possible security risk detected." Question: Can I
set up FP98 to use a different port and would this solve my problem? If so,
what is another port number that I could use? Or is there more to it than
this. I know very little about this type of thing as is obvious by this
post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

.greg.

2. format version

3. Help for Web Server Conflict on Port 80

4. MIDI File Modification...

5. Conflict on port 80

6. I've done something really stupid!

7. Conflict on Port 80

8. Event ID: 20

9. Conflicts on Port 80, need help!!!

10. Help: Root directory, port:80 & port:8080

11. Port 80 vs Port 8080

12. How to connect client to non-standard port (i.e. not port 80)

13. Blocking of Port 80 by DSL Service and FP2000