Converting htx & idc to ASP?

Post by Fishy » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

My current database was created in Access 97 with htx and idc files.  My
current ISP is telling me that i need to use asp files now that they are using
iis 4.0.

Is this an easy task to convert the files (the isp is making this out to be a
major production)?

I would appreciate any advice!

Converting htx & idc to ASP?

Post by coredu » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>My current database was created in Access 97 with htx and idc files.  My
>current ISP is telling me that i need to use asp files now that they are using
>iis 4.0.

>Is this an easy task to convert the files (the isp is making this out to be a
>major production)?

>I would appreciate any advice!

Try this :-).

ftp://www.iasoft.com/idc2asp.exe

This is an app that is supposed to convert idc to asp. I haven't tried
it but it used to be on the microsoft website so it's something to start
with.

John

--
Sig under construction.

Lost without a clue on the Information Superhighway.

1. FP98 convert problems from IDC/HTX to the new ASP equivalent

I have successfully used IDC/HTX on FP97 but cannot get a test of FP98 with
ASP to run dispite many configurations and failed attempts.

I have been trying the test database on my win95 machine equipped with the
PWS and using a simple test database in Access97.

I have set up the DNS and ODBC parameters and they look OK.

I must be missing something as I keep getting "Http/1.0 403 Access Forbidden
(Read Access Denied - This Virtual Directory does not allow objects to be
read.) -What's this mean?

 This is triggered when I use the 'get' method in the form and "Http/1.0 501
Not Supported" when I use the 'post' method.

In any case I cannot read my sample database on the same machine.

It probably something simple and dumb - but can anyone help ?

Brian

2. X-Men Pics

3. FP 97 & 98 ASP or IDC/HTX?

4. Deployment related query...

5. IDC & HTX & Plug-In

6. New FS98 Airplane with MOVING PARTS!

7. Help please database connections with idc/htx and asp

8. XBOX REGRISTRATION!!!

9. Get an image from an ACCESS database with IDC&HTX files

10. .idc & .htx usage in Frontpage 98

11. idc to htx to another idc

12. Questions on using FP IDC (.idc/.htx files)

13. ASP vs. IDC/HTX