Windows 95, FP98 -- Personal Web Server from FP98

Windows 95, FP98 -- Personal Web Server from FP98

Post by Tim » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Greetings..

I just purchased FP 98 and installed it here at home. I will be using it as
a developer at work. I am running Windows NT workstation at work and my
computer is named " tim" ..I have a web called discussion at work and when
I use either Netscape 4.01 or IE 4.0 I am able to type in a url of "
http://tim/discussion/mypage.htm and all goes fine. My computer at home is
also named " tim" ..Windows 95 machine. When I type in
http://tim/myweb/mypage.htm whatever that might be, I get a error "500"
using either browser ? I unistalled and reinstalled the PWS that came with
FP 98 and no luck ?

One more..I also program using Transact SQL at work on SQLserver, running
on Windows NT Server 4.0. I tried to run the FP server extensions in IIS
and recieved a hideous error " Something about ordinal something not found
in mfc42.dll" I am assuming this is refering to some Microsoft Class File
written in C++ missing ? Can someone tell me how to fix this ?

I tried to go to Microsofts Web Site, but having internet bandwidth
problems..

Thanks in advance and if possible could you please email me, as I don't get
the opporitunity to use the newsgroups much..! Thanks

Tim

Windows 95, FP98 -- Personal Web Server from FP98

Post by Keith Parnel » Thu, 12 Mar 1998 04:00:00

hello Tim. see http://frontpage.to/support/errors/error500.htm
============================
Keith Parnell
SurfDesign Webs <http://surfdesign-webs.com>
ICQ uin: 1643101
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The FrontPage Community <http://frontpage.to>
FrontPage User Tips <http://frontpage.to/support>
FrontPage Web Hosting <http://frontpage.to/hosting>
============================

>Greetings..

>I just purchased FP 98 and installed it here at home. I will be using it as
>a developer at work. I am running Windows NT workstation at work and my
>computer is named " tim" ..I have a web called discussion at work and when
>I use either Netscape 4.01 or IE 4.0 I am able to type in a url of "
>http://tim/discussion/mypage.htm and all goes fine. My computer at home is
>also named " tim" ..Windows 95 machine. When I type in
>http://tim/myweb/mypage.htm whatever that might be, I get a error "500"
>using either browser ? I unistalled and reinstalled the PWS that came with
>FP 98 and no luck ?

>One more..I also program using Transact SQL at work on SQLserver, running
>on Windows NT Server 4.0. I tried to run the FP server extensions in IIS
>and recieved a hideous error " Something about ordinal something not found
>in mfc42.dll" I am assuming this is refering to some Microsoft Class File
>written in C++ missing ? Can someone tell me how to fix this ?

>I tried to go to Microsofts Web Site, but having internet bandwidth
>problems..

>Thanks in advance and if possible could you please email me, as I don't get
>the opporitunity to use the newsgroups much..! Thanks

>Tim

1. Front Page 98 Personal Web Server Disables DialUp Networing on Windows 95

I sure need some help here!  I'm using Windows 95 with Front Page 98.  When
I loaded the Personal Web Server that comes with Front Page it disabled my
Dial Up Networking.   When loaded, the PWS works fine with Front Page 98 for
the local directories, but DialUp Networking becomes disabled and I can't
log onto the WWW through my ISP.

When I uninstall the PWS, DialUp Netorking works fine, but Front Page does
not and FP tells me that it can't access the server on port 80 ... I can't
use Front Page at all when this occurs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

2. Networking SGI-SUN's_PC_compatible: NEED HELP!

3. MS Personal Web Server and Windows 95 B

4. VME Driver

5. Personal Server in Windows 95

6. GTA3

7. how to share Fp98 sites on a windows 95 network ?

8. XSLT Transformations

9. Running Personal Web Server over Win 95 Bus Network

10. asp for personal Web Server (win 95) ?

11. Personal Web Server in NT Option pack for Win 95

12. FP98 Web permissions w/PWS-95-2.0