caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Kathryn Rosso » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 13:15:37

Hello,

I read an earlier post regarding drop-down menu's in Netscape. With a
certain amount of disbelief, I checked my web-site with NN to find that my
drop-down menu doesn't work.

DDM-created with VBScript off of the VBScript web-site.I checked the KBase
to no avail.

What do I have to do to make my DDM work in NN?

Thanks

Kathryn Rosson

CODE:

reports.</p>
<form method="POST" name="SendMe">
<select name="DropIt" size="1">
<option>Monthly Sales And Discount</option>
<option>FY 2000 Sales And Discount</option>
<option>Discount/Sales By Account</option>
<option>Product Sales By Store FY 2000</option>
</select> <input type="button" name="B1" value="Go">
<SCRIPT FOR="B1" EVENT="onClick" LANGUAGE="VBScript">
select case document.sendme.dropit.selectedindex
case 0
navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/m_01.asp")
case 1
navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/rdp.asp")
case 2
navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/adis_2000.asp")
case 3
navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/sbs_2000.asp")
end select
</SCRIPT>
</form>

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Eron Tarha » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 14:55:27

look at my page with netscape:
http://www.vcconcepts.com

if the pulldown menu's on the left work (I'm pretty sure they do) and you
like em...take em, if you don't like them, go here:
http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/

that's where I got them, there are more choices for you there

--
???  ???`H?

      less = more

Quote:> Hello,

> I read an earlier post regarding drop-down menu's in Netscape. With a
> certain amount of disbelief, I checked my web-site with NN to find that my
> drop-down menu doesn't work.

> DDM-created with VBScript off of the VBScript web-site.I checked the KBase
> to no avail.

> What do I have to do to make my DDM work in NN?

> Thanks

> Kathryn Rosson

> CODE:

> reports.</p>
> <form method="POST" name="SendMe">
> <select name="DropIt" size="1">
> <option>Monthly Sales And Discount</option>
> <option>FY 2000 Sales And Discount</option>
> <option>Discount/Sales By Account</option>
> <option>Product Sales By Store FY 2000</option>
> </select> <input type="button" name="B1" value="Go">
> <SCRIPT FOR="B1" EVENT="onClick" LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> select case document.sendme.dropit.selectedindex
> case 0
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/m_01.asp")
> case 1
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/rdp.asp")
> case 2
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/adis_2000.asp")
> case 3
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/sbs_2000.asp")
> end select
> </SCRIPT>
> </form>

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:37:20

FYI in NN4.75 your drop downs have different font sizes depending on the
page (home vs. services) - believe it's related to your css or theme

From one of my prior posts:

You can create form fields that look very close in most browsers including
webtv (and even have NN not "stretch" them out) if you add following style
in your HEAD section (after the theme code if you use one) of your page:
(note in below you can use fontsize: 10pt  or 12pt w/ font size="2" or "3"
respectively (8pt and size 1 are not recommended):

fieldset     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
select       { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
textarea     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco, Courier,
Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
   // --></style>

And then format all Form Field boxes with:
size="2"> Dropdown or text field here </font>

Also for textarea (multiline) fields add in HTML View the attribute
wrap="virtual", i.e.:
    <textarea name="Comments" rows="3" cols="50" tabindex="15"
wrap="virtual">

If you use a theme check the theme .css for conflicts and/or add above to
the custom.css (Format Theme Modify Text More Text Styles)

--

(Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)

| look at my page with netscape:
| http://www.vcconcepts.com
|
| if the pulldown menu's on the left work (I'm pretty sure they do) and you
| like em...take em, if you don't like them, go here:
| http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/
|
| that's where I got them, there are more choices for you there
|
| --
| ???  ???`H?

|       less = more
|

| > Hello,
| >
| > I read an earlier post regarding drop-down menu's in Netscape. With a
| > certain amount of disbelief, I checked my web-site with NN to find that
my
| > drop-down menu doesn't work.
| >
| > DDM-created with VBScript off of the VBScript web-site.I checked the
KBase
| > to no avail.
| >
| > What do I have to do to make my DDM work in NN?
| >
| > Thanks
| >
| > Kathryn Rosson
| >
| > CODE:

| > reports.</p>
| > <form method="POST" name="SendMe">
| > <select name="DropIt" size="1">
| > <option>Monthly Sales And Discount</option>
| > <option>FY 2000 Sales And Discount</option>
| > <option>Discount/Sales By Account</option>
| > <option>Product Sales By Store FY 2000</option>
| > </select> <input type="button" name="B1" value="Go">
| > <SCRIPT FOR="B1" EVENT="onClick" LANGUAGE="VBScript">
| > select case document.sendme.dropit.selectedindex
| > case 0
| > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/m_01.asp")
| > case 1
| > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/rdp.asp")
| > case 2
| > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/adis_2000.asp")
| > case 3
| > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/sbs_2000.asp")
| > end select
| > </SCRIPT>
| > </form>

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Kathryn Rosso » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:10:59

Hello,

So far I've followed your directions and it is still not working. I sub'd in
Arial & Verdana, took out the rest of your fonts. That is the only
difference.

Do the corresponding pages have to be formatted as well?

ie.

<option A> in drop down
http:option A must be formatted also?

Thanks for your help

Kathryn Rosson

> [...]

> | > <select name="DropIt" size="1">
> | > <option>Monthly Sales And Discount</option>
> | > <option>FY 2000 Sales And Discount</option>
> | > <option>Discount/Sales By Account</option>
> | > <option>Product Sales By Store FY 2000</option>
> | > </select> <input type="button" name="B1" value="Go">
> | > <SCRIPT FOR="B1" EVENT="onClick" LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> | > select case document.sendme.dropit.selectedindex
> | > case 0
> | > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/m_01.asp")
> | > case 1
> | > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/rdp.asp")
> | > case 2
> | > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/adis_2000.asp")
> | > case 3
> | > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/sbs_2000.asp")
> | > end select
> | > </SCRIPT>
> | > </form>

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 00:27:34

URL?
Yes all form fields

Note: the fonts in my post are fixed width, Arial & Veranda are proportional
fonts giving variable results in browsers - see;
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/41/index3a_page5.html?tw=design

--

(Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)

| Hello,
|
| So far I've followed your directions and it is still not working. I sub'd
in
| Arial & Verdana, took out the rest of your fonts. That is the only
| difference.
|
| Do the corresponding pages have to be formatted as well?
|
| ie.
|
| <option A> in drop down
| http:option A must be formatted also?
|
| Thanks for your help
|
| Kathryn Rosson
|

| > FYI in NN4.75 your drop downs have different font sizes depending on the
| > page (home vs. services) - believe it's related to your css or theme
| >
| > From one of my prior posts:
| >
| > You can create form fields that look very close in most browsers
including
| > webtv (and even have NN not "stretch" them out) if you add following
style
| > in your HEAD section (after the theme code if you use one) of your page:
| > (note in below you can use fontsize: 10pt  or 12pt w/ font size="2" or
"3"
| > respectively (8pt and size 1 are not recommended):

| > fieldset     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco,
Courier,
| > Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
| > select       { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco,
Courier,
| > Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
| > textarea     { font-family: 'Courier New', 'Andale Mono', Monaco,
Courier,
| > Monospace; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; border-style: solid; }
| >    // --></style>
| >
| > And then format all Form Field boxes with:
Monospace"
| > size="2"> Dropdown or text field here </font>
| >
| > Also for textarea (multiline) fields add in HTML View the attribute
| > wrap="virtual", i.e.:
| >     <textarea name="Comments" rows="3" cols="50" tabindex="15"
| > wrap="virtual">
| >
| > If you use a theme check the theme .css for conflicts and/or add above
| > the custom.css (Format Theme Modify Text More Text Styles)
| >
| > --

| > (Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)
| >

| > | look at my page with netscape:
| > | http://www.vcconcepts.com
| > |
| > | if the pulldown menu's on the left work (I'm pretty sure they do) and
| you
| > | like em...take em, if you don't like them, go here:
| > | http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/
| > |
| > | that's where I got them, there are more choices for you there
| > |
| > | --
| > | ???  ???`H?

| > |       less = more
| > |
| > |
| > |

| that
| > my

| > KBase

| yearly

| > |
| > |

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Kathryn Rosso » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:25:52

Okay, I've walked around the block, read the webmonkey article re-read all
the posts in this thread. My form looks okay in NNxx it just doesn't work.

Are you telling me the problem is proportional fonts are not viewable in
NNxx? Or NNxx cannot view type size 8 pt/1?

This NN limitation seems too obvious to me (as in, why didn't they fix it?),
Verdana was first introduced well over a year ago as a visually correct font
for the internet (or has it been 2?).

If I can understand the problem, I can usually find a way to fix it :)

Thanks again,

--
Kathryn Rosson

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:37:25

And the URL is?

--

(Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)

| Okay, I've walked around the block, read the webmonkey article re-read all
| the posts in this thread. My form looks okay in NNxx it just doesn't work.
|
| Are you telling me the problem is proportional fonts are not viewable in
| NNxx? Or NNxx cannot view type size 8 pt/1?
|
| This NN limitation seems too obvious to me (as in, why didn't they fix
it?),
| Verdana was first introduced well over a year ago as a visually correct
font
| for the internet (or has it been 2?).
|
| If I can understand the problem, I can usually find a way to fix it :)
|
| Thanks again,
|
| --
| Kathryn Rosson
|

| > URL?
| > Yes all form fields
| >
| > Note: the fonts in my post are fixed width, Arial & Veranda are
| proportional
| > fonts giving variable results in browsers - see;
| > http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/41/index3a_page5.html?tw=design
| >
| > --

| > (Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)
| >

| > | Hello,
| > |
| > | So far I've followed your directions and it is still not working. I
| sub'd
| > in
| > | Arial & Verdana, took out the rest of your fonts. That is the only
| > | difference.
| > |
| > | Do the corresponding pages have to be formatted as well?
| > |
| > | ie.
| > |
| > | <option A> in drop down
| > | http:option A must be formatted also?
| > |
| > | Thanks for your help
| > |
| > | Kathryn Rosson
| > |
| > |

| the

| > including
| > style
| page:
| > "3"

| > Courier,
solid; }
| > Courier,
solid; }
| > Courier,
solid; }

| > Monospace"

| > | > |
| and
| > | you
| > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| With
| > | that

| the

| > | yearly

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 02:05:52

PS - form appearance (my posts) & function are 2 different things

Just went back to your original post & noticed you are using VBScript in
your form Submit Onclick
NN does not support VBScript - only JavaScript

Find / create a JavaScript or process it strictly w/ ASP

--
SBR @ ENJOY (-:

"Stefan B. Rusynko" <sbr_en...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| And the URL is?
|
| --
| SBR @ ENJOY (-:
|
| (Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)
|

| "Kathryn Rosson" <ka...@arielstables.com> wrote in message
| | Okay, I've walked around the block, read the webmonkey article re-read
all
| | the posts in this thread. My form looks okay in NNxx it just doesn't
work.
| |
| | Are you telling me the problem is proportional fonts are not viewable in
| | NNxx? Or NNxx cannot view type size 8 pt/1?
| |
| | This NN limitation seems too obvious to me (as in, why didn't they fix
| it?),
| | Verdana was first introduced well over a year ago as a visually correct
| font
| | for the internet (or has it been 2?).
| |
| | If I can understand the problem, I can usually find a way to fix it :)
| |
| | Thanks again,
| |
| | --
| | Kathryn Rosson
| |
| |
| | "Stefan B. Rusynko" <sbr_en...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| | > URL?
| | > Yes all form fields
| | >
| | > Note: the fonts in my post are fixed width, Arial & Veranda are
| | proportional
| | > fonts giving variable results in browsers - see;
| | > http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/99/41/index3a_page5.html?tw=design
| | >
| | > --
| | > SBR @ ENJOY (-:
| | >
| | > (Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)
| | >

| | > "Kathryn Rosson" <ka...@arielstables.com> wrote in message
| | > |
| | sub'd
| | > in
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | the

| | > including
| | > style
| | page:
| or
| | > "3"

| | > Courier,
| solid; }
| | > Courier,
| solid; }
| | > Courier,
| solid; }

| | > Monospace"

| above

| | > | > |
| | and
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |
| | > | > |

| | With
| find

| | the

| cellpadding="3">

| | > | > |
| | > | > |

| | > |
| | > |

| |
| |

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Thomas A. Row » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 02:26:23

Your biggest problem is that NS browsers DO NOT support the use of VBScript
client side. Use JavaScript.
--

=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

Quote:> Hello,

> I read an earlier post regarding drop-down menu's in Netscape. With a
> certain amount of disbelief, I checked my web-site with NN to find that my
> drop-down menu doesn't work.

> DDM-created with VBScript off of the VBScript web-site.I checked the KBase
> to no avail.

> What do I have to do to make my DDM work in NN?

> Thanks

> Kathryn Rosson

> CODE:

> reports.</p>
> <form method="POST" name="SendMe">
> <select name="DropIt" size="1">
> <option>Monthly Sales And Discount</option>
> <option>FY 2000 Sales And Discount</option>
> <option>Discount/Sales By Account</option>
> <option>Product Sales By Store FY 2000</option>
> </select> <input type="button" name="B1" value="Go">
> <SCRIPT FOR="B1" EVENT="onClick" LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> select case document.sendme.dropit.selectedindex
> case 0
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/m_01.asp")
> case 1
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/rdp.asp")
> case 2
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/adis_2000.asp")
> case 3
> navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/sbs_2000.asp")
> end select
> </SCRIPT>
> </form>

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Kathryn Rosso » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 02:55:36

Thank you everyone, I accepted Eron's offer to borrow his code. The DD works
fine.

Is there a point to learning VBScript if NN doesn't support it?

--
Kathryn Rosson

> Your biggest problem is that NS browsers DO NOT support the use of
VBScript
> client side. Use JavaScript.
> --

> =====================================
> Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
> Newsletter, WebRing, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

> > Hello,

> > I read an earlier post regarding drop-down menu's in Netscape. With a
> > certain amount of disbelief, I checked my web-site with NN to find that
my
> > drop-down menu doesn't work.

> > DDM-created with VBScript off of the VBScript web-site.I checked the
KBase
> > to no avail.

> > What do I have to do to make my DDM work in NN?

> > Thanks

> > Kathryn Rosson

> > CODE:

> > reports.</p>
> > <form method="POST" name="SendMe">
> > <select name="DropIt" size="1">
> > <option>Monthly Sales And Discount</option>
> > <option>FY 2000 Sales And Discount</option>
> > <option>Discount/Sales By Account</option>
> > <option>Product Sales By Store FY 2000</option>
> > </select> <input type="button" name="B1" value="Go">
> > <SCRIPT FOR="B1" EVENT="onClick" LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> > select case document.sendme.dropit.selectedindex
> > case 0
> > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/m_01.asp")
> > case 1
> > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/rdp.asp")
> > case 2
> > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/adis_2000.asp")
> > case 3
> > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/sbs_2000.asp")
> > end select
> > </SCRIPT>
> > </form>

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Thomas A. Row » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 04:02:50

Yes, if your site is hosted on NT / IIS and you want to use the full power
of ASP functionality. As long as VBScript is executed on the server, it will
work fine with any browser, as long as you are generating standard HTML.

--

=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
Newsletter, WebRing, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

> Thank you everyone, I accepted Eron's offer to borrow his code. The DD
works
> fine.

> Is there a point to learning VBScript if NN doesn't support it?

> --
> Kathryn Rosson

> > Your biggest problem is that NS browsers DO NOT support the use of
> VBScript
> > client side. Use JavaScript.
> > --

> > =====================================
> > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> > http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> > FrontPage Resources, Email Discussion List,
> > Newsletter, WebRing, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

> > > Hello,

> > > I read an earlier post regarding drop-down menu's in Netscape. With a
> > > certain amount of disbelief, I checked my web-site with NN to find
that
> my
> > > drop-down menu doesn't work.

> > > DDM-created with VBScript off of the VBScript web-site.I checked the
> KBase
> > > to no avail.

> > > What do I have to do to make my DDM work in NN?

> > > Thanks

> > > Kathryn Rosson

> > > CODE:

yearly
> > > reports.</p>
> > > <form method="POST" name="SendMe">
> > > <select name="DropIt" size="1">
> > > <option>Monthly Sales And Discount</option>
> > > <option>FY 2000 Sales And Discount</option>
> > > <option>Discount/Sales By Account</option>
> > > <option>Product Sales By Store FY 2000</option>
> > > </select> <input type="button" name="B1" value="Go">
> > > <SCRIPT FOR="B1" EVENT="onClick" LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> > > select case document.sendme.dropit.selectedindex
> > > case 0
> > > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/m_01.asp")
> > > case 1
> > > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/rdp.asp")
> > > case 2
> > > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/adis_2000.asp")
> > > case 3
> > > navigate ("http://www.XXXX.YYYY/asp/sbs_2000.asp")
> > > end select
> > > </SCRIPT>
> > > </form>

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Barbar » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 08:49:31

   I'm trying to wrap text around a graphic.  I can see some sites that
do it, but cannot figure out how to do it in FrontPage 2000.
  Can someone help?
  Thanks!
--

Barbara

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Bret » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:16:30

Quote:>    I'm trying to wrap text around a graphic.  I can see some sites that
> do it, but cannot figure out how to do it in FrontPage 2000.
>   Can someone help?
>   Thanks!

Place your image to the left of the text. Click on the image so that it is
highlighted.
Select left or right justify and the text should now wrap around the image.
If you want to stop the wrap before the end of the image, don't use a series
of <enter>s, ]
use  Insert Break > Both sides.

Brett

caught in the drop-down menu not working in Netscape

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 21:32:36

You can try setting your image appearance properties (right click on image -
select image properties), but I suspect what you are seeing on other pages
is use of tables / cells to achieve the "wrapped" appearance

--

(Post all Newsgroup Responses only to newsgroup)

|    I'm trying to wrap text around a graphic.  I can see some sites that
| do it, but cannot figure out how to do it in FrontPage 2000.
|   Can someone help?
|   Thanks!
| --
|
| Barbara
|

| Sent via Deja.com
| http://www.deja.com/

1. Is it possiable to create a drop-down menu within a drop-down menu?

I am hoping you can help me.  I have a form that I want drop-down menus
as follows:

Category t     (level one)
        Item List (level two)

No one here can seem to tell me that this can be done.  If I can't do
multiple drop-downs, do you know if there is way I can have two separate
columns with drop-downs where the drop-down list in column 2 would be
dependent on what the choice is in the first drop-down in column 1?

Did I stump you?

2. ICBGM'95: Call for Papers

3. Drop Down Menu will not work in Netscape

4. Missing Images

5. Drop-down Menus - how to default them to drop all the way down

6. Device Drivers

7. FP98 Drop Down menu doesn't work in Netscape

8. Monitors

9. Trademark Symbol not working in Drop Down Menu??

10. Drop Down Menus -- Works from default.htm not other pages

11. Multiple Email destinations in a drop down menu not working - Help

12. java drop down menu not working on PWS

13. Drop Down Menu w/multiple choices not working