bkg images resize in IE5 but not in Netscape 4.5

Post by Norbert Ger » Fri, 24 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> I published a site with FP2K at www.cafe-noir.com. There are some pages
> that use a jpg image as a page background. In IE5 or the aol browser
> those images appear considerably smaller than they should or do in
> Netscape 4.5. Oddly enough, they preview correctly locally. You can
> check such a page at http://www.cafe-noir.com/jason_bucklin.htm.

I eventually figured out what was happening. The problem only occurs with
IE in aol, because aol uses compressed graphics by default. If you disable
it everything is fine again. Unfortunately millions of aolers will never
figure this out. Also, this never happened on a page authored with FP98
only FP2000. Go figure.

Discovered yet another problem with background images in FP2000. This time
in a frame based page. www.cafe-noir.com/cncdpage.htm. "Song titles and
samples" displays the image correctly in the main frame. "About Cafe Noir"
shows no image at all. (Should be the same pic)

Any help would be appreciated

Norbert Gerl

Post by S Le » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Discovered yet another problem with background images in FP2000. This time
> in a frame based page. www.cafe-noir.com/cncdpage.htm. "Song titles and
> samples" displays the image correctly in the main frame. "About Cafe Noir"
> shows no image at all. (Should be the same pic)
> Any help would be appreciated
> Norbert Gerl

Hello Norbert,

Are you referring to the image in left frame, the guitars over
a checkboard floor?  Using Netscape 4.04, I see the image
whatever page I go to.
Hope this helps,

--
Sheila, Melbourne, Australia
| Ovarian Cancer strikes 1 in 70 women. Be Aware
| of the Whispering Signs - http://www.ovca.org/
| Cricket, We LOVE it !  http://cricket.toneware.com/

1. bkg images resize in IE5 but not in Netscape 4.5

I published a site with FP2K at www.cafe-noir.com. There are some pages
that use a jpg image as a page background. In IE5 or the aol browser
those images appear considerably smaller than they should or do in
Netscape 4.5. Oddly enough, they preview correctly locally. You can
check such a page at http://www.cafe-noir.com/jason_bucklin.htm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Norbert Gerl

2. How do I do the "Outlook Folder Bar"?

3. Help- IE5 O-K... Netscape 4.5 NO-K

4. A new UnZip library in dev., using zLib

5. Netscape 4.5 will not see a a one line text box in a table

6. reg. sendmail 11.7.0 on Solaris 7

7. HELP: Page looks normal in IE5, but displays HTML when viewed in Nutscrape 4.5

8. windows 2000

9. FP2000/IE5 Image Map Problem Not An IE5 Bug

10. Netscape 4.5

11. List boxes and other form components don't work in netscape 4.5

12. netscape 4.5 and more than 1 hover button

13. front page 98 and netscape 4.5 general problems