Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Kelvin Beato » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:31:31

http:\www\steckmedical.com

I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

1. How does this site look?

2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done many
web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get an
idea how that relates to a site.

Thanks for the input!!

Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Tom Peppe » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:43:25

Take a look at your URL. Shouldn't it be http://www.steckmedical.com?
--
--------
Tom Pepper Willett

Quote:> http:\www\steckmedical.com

> I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> 1. How does this site look?

> 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
many
> web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
> price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
an
> idea how that relates to a site.

> Thanks for the input!!

> Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Susan Dunha » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:47:51

Until you can properly provide your URL, I wouldn't imagine you should be
charging much.

Site's not too bad - load time okay.

Susan

Quote:> http:\www\steckmedical.com

> I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> 1. How does this site look?

> 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
many
> web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
> price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
an
> idea how that relates to a site.

> Thanks for the input!!

> Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Kelvin Beato » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:50:22

Yes! Sorry, maybe the third time will be a charm. I have a new keyboard on
order that will type better.a

This is the site! http://www.steckmedical.com

Later!

Kelvin

> Take a look at your URL. Shouldn't it be http://www.steckmedical.com?
> --
> --------
> Tom Pepper Willett
> Microsoft MVP - Front Page
> & Grumpy Old Geezer ;-)
> -----------

> > http:\www\steckmedical.com

> > I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> > 1. How does this site look?

> > 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
> many
> > web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put
> > price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
> an
> > idea how that relates to a site.

> > Thanks for the input!!

> > Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Lina Zaproud » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:18:47

Quite neat.
At the bottom of your feedback page though appear (by mistake?) the results of a
form submission.

> http:\www\steckmedical.com

> I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> 1. How does this site look?

> 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done many
> web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
> price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get an
> idea how that relates to a site.

> Thanks for the input!!

> Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by BigHea » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:51:13

Kelvin,

I would still rate you a newbie in terms of design, though an above average
newbie. The site is informative, but pretty basic and there a several
style/design mistakes.

About $300 for the site, though it comes down to what you can convince the
buyer to pay. After all, that is how capitalism works.

Good luck,

Ted

Quote:> http:\www\steckmedical.com

> I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> 1. How does this site look?

> 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
many
> web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
> price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
an
> idea how that relates to a site.

> Thanks for the input!!

> Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Kelvin Beato » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:56:46

That's the only mistake I've made in my life, give me a break!! ;-)

Kelvin

> Until you can properly provide your URL, I wouldn't imagine you should be
> charging much.

> Site's not too bad - load time okay.

> Susan

> > http:\www\steckmedical.com

> > I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> > 1. How does this site look?

> > 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
> many
> > web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put
> > price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
> an
> > idea how that relates to a site.

> > Thanks for the input!!

> > Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Dari » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:04:27

I don't agree with big head. If somebody charges me $300 for that site
www.steckmedical.com (don't be so cruel with him...) it's a gift. It's worth
much more. Don't know how much but not $300.

--
Dario Teich

www.domainew.com
Internet Naming Services

Quote:> http:\www\steckmedical.com

> I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> 1. How does this site look?

> 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
many
> web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
> price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
an
> idea how that relates to a site.

> Thanks for the input!!

> Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by BigHea » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:18:57

Dario,

You certainly have a right to your opinions and they are most likely based
on your experience. My experience dictates a different opinion of Kelvin's
work.

In no way was I being cruel, you may however, interpret it any way you wish.

My desire was only to serve Kelvin's question with an honest and subjective
answer.

I am confidant that Kelvin will benefit from a continued dialogue with all
involved in this newsgroup, not just those who offer up praise.

Thanks,

Teddy

> I don't agree with big head. If somebody charges me $300 for that site
> www.steckmedical.com (don't be so cruel with him...) it's a gift. It's
worth
> much more. Don't know how much but not $300.

> --
> Dario Teich

> www.domainew.com
> Internet Naming Services

> > http:\www\steckmedical.com

> > I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> > 1. How does this site look?

> > 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
> many
> > web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put
> > price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
> an
> > idea how that relates to a site.

> > Thanks for the input!!

> > Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by PZ » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:37:08

Have you looked at your site with a screen size of 640 x 480?  You'll see the
left menu is cut off at employment.   Put scroll bars on that pup for smaller
screens.  Do you really need to use frames?  I'd strongly advise against it.
After the first page is loaded, the images that make up the menu will be in the
cache and will  load quickly, so the problems caused by frames aren't worth it
IMO.

Pat

> http:\www\steckmedical.com

> I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> 1. How does this site look?

> 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done many
> web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
> price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get an
> idea how that relates to a site.

> Thanks for the input!!

> Kelvin

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by BigHea » Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:34:58

Kelvin,

The overall rating of the site is basic - there is no professional pizazz to
it. Just take a look at WebMD (http://www.webmd.com/) to get an idea on how
to jazz up the design - give the site a real kick and make people think
these guys really know what they are doing. I am not talking about the
technology that drives webmd, but the visual presentation.

Here are my page by page opinions:

HOME PAGE
All the text is bold - serious faux paux. Use bold sparingly and only for
emphasis

Centered text - Not only does it look bad, it is difficult to read - left
justify it and see the difference.

Openinge and Closing horizontal bars - Why?

ABOUT US
Header font is arial or helvetica; body text is the same, but on the home
page the font is Times? Keep the font standard.

Justified text - the text is justified here, but nowhere else on the site.

PROVIDERS
The initial layout of this page is pleasing...

On the previous two pages you use a section header, but not here; site is
revealing several inconsistancies in the first three pages.

Pictures look nice, but I think an applied 'sharpen' filter would make them
even nicer.

Bios - font is in times and all bold. ehhhhhhhh! (that's a buzzer indicating
another error). Standardize the fonts - bold the name maybe, but that's it.

The horizontal bar on the bio page is too wide - stretches into text on
right side on occasion.

Pictures on bios are not standard size - there is no reason why they
shouldn't be. The quality of the picturs on the bios does not match the
quality on the providers page; sometimes they are better, sometimes they are
worse.

LOCATIONS
Oops, suddenly the header color changes.

Underlined text but not hyperlinked. You are driving your users insane. If
you are going to underline a hyperlink, then any text underlined will be
perceived to be a hyperlink. Remove the underlines unless it is a hyperlink!

Page is good otherwise.

SERVICES
No header.

BILLING INFO
No header. Single spaced lines between new paragraphs should be changed to
double spaces.

URGENT CARE
No header.

Two different font colors - if you want to keep this, then invert the
colors. You have been using black on previous headers and in the body.

The 'tag line' "When Illness Won't Wait" should never be larger than your
header or the rest of the info within the same paragraph or listing.

Bullet point your list and left justify it - hard to follow from point to
point.

No real need for borders on your tables

Font is kind of small on this page - you haven't used a font this small
previously for similar information.

EMPLOYMENT
Very odd header which is too small and underlined

Whole new table design - why?

Two different body fonts on the same page - makes no sense.

Underlined words which aren't hyperlinks - no, no.

How to apply: subsequent text is too small.

RECRUITMENT
What does the linked page have to do with Recruitment. Is there a definition
of this word (recruitment) I don't understand?

FEEDBACK
This was previously noted - there appears to be a posting at the bottom of
the page.

CONTACT US
Everything is bold and the font size is not consistent with other pages. You
may want to consolidate this page with the feedback page.

LINKS
Links like this are rarely necessary unless you are using it to attract
attention from specific search engines. If you keep them, change the font
size to at least a 10pt font ("2" in FP).

Hope that helps,

Ted

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by mett » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 00:13:06

So it looks cool and professional BUT is it Front Page!!

Quote:> Kelvin,

> [...]

> Underlined words which aren't hyperlinks - no, no.

> How to apply: subsequent text is too small.

> RECRUITMENT
> What does the linked page have to do with Recruitment. Is there a
definition
> of this word (recruitment) I don't understand?

> FEEDBACK
> This was previously noted - there appears to be a posting at the bottom of
> the page.

> CONTACT US
> Everything is bold and the font size is not consistent with other pages.
You
> may want to consolidate this page with the feedback page.

> LINKS
> Links like this are rarely necessary unless you are using it to attract
> attention from specific search engines. If you keep them, change the font
> size to at least a 10pt font ("2" in FP).

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by BigHea » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 05:36:05

What is your question? Are you asking whether a site like WebMD can be built
using FP? ABSOLUTELY! They are built everyday.

Ted

> [...]

> > How to apply: subsequent text is too small.

> > RECRUITMENT
> > What does the linked page have to do with Recruitment. Is there a
> definition
> > of this word (recruitment) I don't understand?

> > FEEDBACK
> > This was previously noted - there appears to be a posting at the bottom
of
> > the page.

> > CONTACT US
> > Everything is bold and the font size is not consistent with other pages.
> You
> > may want to consolidate this page with the feedback page.

> > LINKS
> > Links like this are rarely necessary unless you are using it to attract
> > attention from specific search engines. If you keep them, change the
font
> > size to at least a 10pt font ("2" in FP).

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Kelvin Beato » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 08:52:43

Thanks for your time and feedback. You're points are well taken!

Thanks

Kelvin

Quote:> Kelvin,

> [...]

> Underlined words which aren't hyperlinks - no, no.

> How to apply: subsequent text is too small.

> RECRUITMENT
> What does the linked page have to do with Recruitment. Is there a
definition
> of this word (recruitment) I don't understand?

> FEEDBACK
> This was previously noted - there appears to be a posting at the bottom of
> the page.

> CONTACT US
> Everything is bold and the font size is not consistent with other pages.
You
> may want to consolidate this page with the feedback page.

> LINKS
> Links like this are rarely necessary unless you are using it to attract
> attention from specific search engines. If you keep them, change the font
> size to at least a 10pt font ("2" in FP).

Site Check\Price Check - NEW!

Post by Caro » Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:50:31

looked at
http://www.steckmedical.com

with W98SE, IE5., 56k modem at <50k, 800x600, 17"monitor

I thought that it looked professional. I thought that the about us page
could be better if it did not require the side to side scrolling. It looks
like you are trying to match the text to the picture so you are compromising
with the side to side but it does not match the rest of the site. Reduce the
physical size of the picture and wrap the text.

Good luck

Carol

http://sunniebunniezz.com
   promotes the fine art of storytelling
   through reading, writing, poetry,
   puppetry, magic, clowning . . .

Quote:> http:\www\steckmedical.com

> I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

> 1. How does this site look?

> 2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done
many
> web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
> price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get
an
> idea how that relates to a site.

> Thanks for the input!!

> Kelvin

1. Site Check/Price Check

I'm looking for two kinds of feedback,

1. How does this site look?

2. Would you care to comment on what this site be worth? I haven't done many
web pages do my speed isn't what it could be so it's hard for me to put a
price on what I do. I can come up with a per hour amount but need to get an
idea how that relates to a site.

Thanks for the input!!

Kelvin

2. DEC TU58 (digital cassette drive) technical info

3. Site/Price check please!

4. Looking for Help/Experience with PC and AS/400 integration

5. Site Check Please - New Client Site

6. Wanted : www or driver for Mitsumi FX400

7. Meta Word Check - site check

8. tetex versions

9. A new Site Check

10. new web site check please

11. New Site Check Please

12. New site - Would appreciate a check please