Which web server?

Post by Pam DeSilv » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 06:40:53

Where do I go to see which web server I am using. I pulish my web changes
through FB in a "save as" kind of system. I have no staging site. This is
prob a bad thing. But my server (Netcom) told me to publish this way and now
I'm stuck when it comes to DB connections.  My PWS doesn't have ASP checked.
I'm not sure how to adjust that to even use it. My FTP programs shows
www.aulcorp.com as the site it is connected to but none of my files appear
because I have never published with it.  I'm dead.
Pam

Which web server?

Post by Joe Roh » Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:00:14

Hi Pam,

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/
Will show you your server info

Here's yours:

Analysis of www.aulcorp.com
The site www.aulcorp.com runs Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) FrontPage/4.0.4.3 on Linux
Linux users include www.redhat.com, Rackspace and Etoys

Apache is also being used by www.redhat.com, Rackspace and Verio

Pretty sure you will not be able to use ASP

--
Joe

FrontPage Links and more:
http://www.timeforweb.com/resources.htm

Quote:> Where do I go to see which web server I am using. I pulish my web changes
> through FB in a "save as" kind of system. I have no staging site. This is
> prob a bad thing. But my server (Netcom) told me to publish this way and
now
> I'm stuck when it comes to DB connections.  My PWS doesn't have ASP
checked.
> I'm not sure how to adjust that to even use it. My FTP programs shows
> www.aulcorp.com as the site it is connected to but none of my files appear
> because I have never published with it.  I'm dead.
> Pam

Which web server?

Post by Stefan B. Rusynk » Mon, 22 Jan 2001 02:02:26

Apache (Unix) does not support ASP (unless the server is one of the rare
ones running "~ChiliSoft"
You need a NT server to run ASP

--

Post all News Group Responses only to News Group so all users can benefit
When in doubt try the F1 key (-:    (or if it's broken try the below link)

| Hi Pam,
|
| http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/
| Will show you your server info
|
| Here's yours:
|
| Analysis of www.aulcorp.com
| The site www.aulcorp.com runs Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) FrontPage/4.0.4.3 on
Linux
| Linux users include www.redhat.com, Rackspace and Etoys
|
| Apache is also being used by www.redhat.com, Rackspace and Verio
|
| Pretty sure you will not be able to use ASP
|

| --
| Joe
|
| FrontPage Links and more:
| http://www.timeforweb.com/resources.htm
| -------------------------------------------------------

| > Where do I go to see which web server I am using. I pulish my web
changes
| > through FB in a "save as" kind of system. I have no staging site. This
is
| > prob a bad thing. But my server (Netcom) told me to publish this way and
| now
| > I'm stuck when it comes to DB connections.  My PWS doesn't have ASP
| checked.
| > I'm not sure how to adjust that to even use it. My FTP programs shows
| > www.aulcorp.com as the site it is connected to but none of my files
appear
| > because I have never published with it.  I'm dead.
| > Pam

1. Pubish from web server to web server

As long as the new server has the FP extensions, then it seem like the host
may not have configured the mail function of the extensions. You need to
contact them.

--

=====================================
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

2. https links from Word 2002

3. Difference btw "web server" and "personal web server"

4. ADSI Last Update Key

5. NT4 personal web server and FP97 personal web server

6. Critical Shutdown hopeful

7. fp personal web server or ms web server?

8. How to plot implicit function?

9. Personal Web Server vs FrontPage-Personal Web Server

10. Error Message - Could not find a web server at 'web server' at port 80

11. Upgrading from a FrontPage personal web server to NT Option Pack Personal Web server.

12. FrontPage Personal Web Server vs. MS Personal Web Server

13. Is Internet Database Connectivity (IDC) only work with IIS, Peer web server and Personal Web Server ?