Help on buying frontpage 2000

Post by tyle » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:29:17

I am looking into buying frontpage but I am confused about the different
versions. I saw that on many sites there is a " acedemic version" is there
a difference between the normal Frontpage 2000 and the Acedemic version of
it? I was also wondering where the cheapest prices are on frontpage. Thank
you for any help.

Help on buying frontpage 2000

Post by John Murth » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi Tyler,
The academic version is the same as the regular product; the EULA is
different.  It is meant for teachers and educational institutions.  In
addition some vendors deal in software that has a special price for students
and teachers.  You have to read the EULA to see if you qualify to buy it
legally, though I have heard of vendors who will sell to anyone.
As far as prices go, it is my experience that buying directly from MS is not
the cheapest.  I'll not name companies but many of the office products
supply stores buy in such great volumes that they usually have competitive
prices. You have to shop around. john

Quote:

> I am looking into buying frontpage but I am confused about the different
> versions. I saw that on many sites there is a " acedemic version" is there
> a difference between the normal Frontpage 2000 and the Acedemic version of
> it? I was also wondering where the cheapest prices are on frontpage. Thank
> you for any help.

> --

Help on buying frontpage 2000

Post by Cowbo » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>I am looking into buying frontpage but I am confused about the different
>versions. I saw that on many sites there is a " acedemic version" is there
>a difference between the normal Frontpage 2000 and the Acedemic version of
>it? I was also wondering where the cheapest prices are on frontpage. Thank
>you for any help.

The biggest difference is the End User Licence Agreement (EULA). The
Academic is full featured. It is, however, supposed to be licensed
only to educators and students. The main difference otherwise is the
price.

If you are going to use FrontPage for profit and do not legally fit in
an Academic category, it is the best path, legally, to purchase the
full version. In the case of FP, this is not that expensive.

GB
MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
MVP
Think Outside the box!