publishing problem

Post by Devo » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:42:58

When i try to publish a frontpage site to the web, and it
lists the items that will be published, my index.htm page
has a question mark beside it, and it's status
is "conflict". When i publish, it tells me that the
publish has been successul, but when i look at my site,
nothing has been published. Can someone help me out?
thanks

publishing problem

Post by Stefan B Rusynk » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 18:19:32

Sounds like your online site has a file named Index.htm or index.html (note CaSe)
Make sure your home page file is named correctly for your server
(if it's not, FP publishes the site & tries to rename the file causing the conflict & to appear unchanged)

--

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!"  (-;

| When i try to publish a frontpage site to the web, and it
| lists the items that will be published, my index.htm page
| has a question mark beside it, and it's status
| is "conflict". When i publish, it tells me that the
| publish has been successul, but when i look at my site,
| nothing has been published. Can someone help me out?
| thanks

1. publishing problems forcing publish wiizard to appear

Using FrontPage98

OK, here's the problem;
    I select File/Publish to Web, and enter the location my ISP gave me,
this they said should allow me to click ok and it should publish.
    I'm assuming it should ask for my username/password for the sever in
order to post it after I click OK on the 'location' popup.
    When I click OK, it contacts the server, then pops up the wizard, asking
for an ftp and directory. I have to either cancel or enter the
ftp.<servername>.net to continue, it then asks for username/password. I get
an error back saying it cannot find the file. (which should be my directory.

    My ISP tells me that after I enter the location, it shouldn't ask for
the ftp address. and that the problem is on my end.

    It seems help is scarce on this problem. and I can't see anything that
could cause this.
    I did read that if FrontPage98 determined that the server didn't have
FrontPage98 extensions installed it would then revert to the ftp wizard.

    here's the odd part I think. When I try to use the command line ftp it
lets me login, I then need to change to a sub-directory of directory.  'cd
<dir\sub-dir>, I get an error that the file doesn't exist. I can however get
to the dir that contains all the sub-directories. but the list of
directories scrolls up so I can't see if my directory really exists.
    My ISP says that they published to it and it worked fine.

    Does this sound like it's on my end? And if so, what settings could I
have wrong or files possibly missing?

advance thanks

2. Scsi Cd-Rom with E-IDE Writer.

3. publishing problems -can retrive from site but not publish to

4. Verifing Segurity

5. Webhost says "call Microsoft" re: Publishing problem...

6. JPilot on HP-UX: advice, recommendations wanted

7. Publishing problem - no changed pages only

8. VDS écran 22" [75]

9. FP2002 publishing problem

10. FP 2002 and XP Pro publishing problem

11. Publishing Problems

12. Renaming folder causing publishing problem

13. FP98 Publish Problem