NTLM error 2146893042

Post by Kathryn Newin » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hope you can help

We have a problem trying to use FrontPage on two servers that have only
NTLM authentication and anonymous authentication. We get the error
listed in the subject of this message. We have the Clkient for MS
Networks loaded and log onto the Windows 95 machine running FrontPage
98.

Any ideas, we have already deleted all *.pwl files and re-installed
*all* the networking components from scratch.

Thanks, Kathryn

NTLM error 2146893042

Post by Thomas A. Row » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Try setting the "Log on to Networks" under Dialup Networking | Server for the connection

--
====================================
Thomas Rowe

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
The HTML Writers Guild Member
International Webmaster Association Member
Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
MSDNetwork Online Member

>Hope you can help

>We have a problem trying to use FrontPage on two servers that have only
>NTLM authentication and anonymous authentication. We get the error
>listed in the subject of this message. We have the Clkient for MS
>Networks loaded and log onto the Windows 95 machine running FrontPage
>98.

>Any ideas, we have already deleted all *.pwl files and re-installed
>*all* the networking components from scratch.

>Thanks, Kathryn

NTLM error 2146893042

Post by Veget » Fri, 07 Aug 1998 04:00:00

http://faq.ie4.com/faqshow.asp?id=1

--

Best wishes,

============
Joo Hang Cha

Microsoft MVP
--------------------------
Internet Explorer Center --- http://www.ie4.com/
Site Builder FAQ --- http://faq.ie4.com/
--------------------------
Pleiades Innovations --- http://www.ie4.com/design/

>Hope you can help

>We have a problem trying to use FrontPage on two servers that have only
>NTLM authentication and anonymous authentication. We get the error
>listed in the subject of this message. We have the Clkient for MS
>Networks loaded and log onto the Windows 95 machine running FrontPage
>98.

>Any ideas, we have already deleted all *.pwl files and re-installed
>*all* the networking components from scratch.

>Thanks, Kathryn

NTLM error 2146893042

Post by R. Gerlin » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

One of the following sites will  have your answer. rg
FrontPage Support
Come and visit:
http://t2.Technion.ac.il/~syalmog
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/support/default.htm
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/resources/howto.htm
Microsoft FrontPage Advanced Support Options at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/c.asp?PR=FPG&M=F
http://www.DynamicNet.net /support/frontpage.htm
http://frontpage.to/support>
http://www.sitecrafters.com/support/fp98/index.htm
--
R.W. Gerling--MVP

http://www.rgerling.com

|Hope you can help
|
|We have a problem trying to use FrontPage on two servers that have only
|NTLM authentication and anonymous authentication. We get the error
|listed in the subject of this message. We have the Clkient for MS
|Networks loaded and log onto the Windows 95 machine running FrontPage
|98.
|
|Any ideas, we have already deleted all *.pwl files and re-installed
|*all* the networking components from scratch.
|

|Thanks, Kathryn

NTLM error 2146893042

Post by Theo van Dij » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Yes,

That did it for me. I use Windows 98 and FP98 client and an ISDN-connection
to a NT4 web server. And this the 3rd or 4th time I got a real good answer
from postings to this newsgroup. I am beginning to like this group.

Thank you,

Theo van Dijk
http://www.kon-horeca.nl

Thomas A. Rowe heeft geschreven in bericht ...

Quote:>Try setting the "Log on to Networks" under Dialup Networking | Server for
the connection

>--
>====================================
>Thomas Rowe
>Your Community On-Line Network
>http://www.ycoln.net

>Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
>The HTML Writers Guild Member
>International Webmaster Association Member
>Site Builder Network Level 2 Member
>MSDNetwork Online Member

1. NTLM ERROR 2146893042

Hello,
I still have not been able to get my home computer able to run FRONTPAGE 98.
When I attempt to publish I get this error. NTLM AUTHENTICATION ERROR FAILED 2146893042
My laptop works fine with the identical settings and both use WIN95B and IE 4.0.
ie:    Client for Microsoft installed,
         Log on to network checked,
         Unchecked require secure password.
         client identification tab SET  :   "computer name" and  " workgroup" inserted.
Does it matter what name and password I use when installing the FrontPage 98 software to my computer?
What exactly does the server need to see in order for me not to receive this error code?
I can't remember what name and password I used when installing to my laptop which works!
I have tried several names and passwords to no avail.
I had installed Frontpage a few times prior to this attempt and used the Frontpage personal web server on the first installation. Is it possible that I am not completly removing Frontpage when uninstalling and that a file still on my system has the wrong passwords or configuration set up?
I can't think of anything else as the install on to my lap top was the first attempt and I installed the Microsoft
Personal Web Server! As I mentioned it works fine!
Please help ASAP as I really would like to use my home PC to start my companies website.
Thank You
Michael Ward

2. Random Generation (normally distributed)

3. NTLM Error 2146893042 - usual solutions failed

4. DCPROMO to an SBS server

5. NTLM Authentication Failed (code - 2146893042) and install error

6. Looking for Boards for Morrow Tricep

7. NTLM Authentication Failed (error code - 2146893042

8. FS:Sparc 5/110mhz 2.1gb 128mb ram TGX

9. NTLM Error Code 2146893042

10. NTLM authentication failed (code-2146893042)

11. NTLM authentication failed (code - 2146893042)

12. NTLM authentication failed (code-2146893042)