FP2002 / IE6 not showing new pages until Refreshed

FP2002 / IE6 not showing new pages until Refreshed

Post by BigEnosBurdet » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 01:31:23

I am a novice webmaster and want to know why when I
publish my pages through FrontPage 2002 sometimes I have
to hit the Refresh button on IE6 or Reload in Netscape to
actually see the new version of my page.  Is there a
setting somewhere in FP2002 that I can change so that this
happens automatically?  Or is this something that I need
to address in the browser options and if so what settings
should I change?
thanks

FP2002 / IE6 not showing new pages until Refreshed

Post by Tom Peppe » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 02:31:49

That's how browsers work.  They store previous pages in the temporary
internet files or in cache.
--
----------
Tom "Pepper" Willett

Quote:> I am a novice webmaster and want to know why when I
> publish my pages through FrontPage 2002 sometimes I have
> to hit the Refresh button on IE6 or Reload in Netscape to
> actually see the new version of my page.  Is there a
> setting somewhere in FP2002 that I can change so that this
> happens automatically?  Or is this something that I need
> to address in the browser options and if so what settings
> should I change?
> thanks

FP2002 / IE6 not showing new pages until Refreshed

Post by David Berr » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:27:10

Change your IE options for Temporary Files to check for new pages Every
Visit

--
====================================
David Berry - MCP

>I am a novice webmaster and want to know why when I
>publish my pages through FrontPage 2002 sometimes I have
>to hit the Refresh button on IE6 or Reload in Netscape to
>actually see the new version of my page.  Is there a
>setting somewhere in FP2002 that I can change so that this
>happens automatically?  Or is this something that I need
>to address in the browser options and if so what settings
>should I change?
>thanks

FP2002 / IE6 not showing new pages until Refreshed

Post by BajaDa » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 04:06:41

Your browser caches (saves) prior viewed pages on your
computer for faster access in later views. You can reset
your options in the Tools menu in IE, or just continue to
refresh your pages as you are doing now.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am a novice webmaster and want to know why when I
>publish my pages through FrontPage 2002 sometimes I have
>to hit the Refresh button on IE6 or Reload in Netscape to
>actually see the new version of my page.  Is there a
>setting somewhere in FP2002 that I can change so that
this
>happens automatically?  Or is this something that I need
>to address in the browser options and if so what settings
>should I change?
>thanks
>.

FP2002 / IE6 not showing new pages until Refreshed

Post by BigEnosBurdet » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 02:41:09

ok, I get the option that I can set to check every time I
open a page, but why does this ONLY happen on the pages of
MY website that I'm publishing in FP2002?  Why don't I see
yesterday's CNN homepage until I hit Refresh?  Is there
something I can put in my code or a setting in FP that can
override this setting in IE so that it automatically
pushes through the newest version of each page?

thanks again for your help

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Your browser caches (saves) prior viewed pages on your
>computer for faster access in later views. You can reset
>your options in the Tools menu in IE, or just continue to
>refresh your pages as you are doing now.

Post by Tom Peppe » Fri, 10 Aug 2001 02:47:57

It's also possible your host has some sort of cacheing enabled on their
server, so updated pages don't show up for a few days.  Some hosts do that.
Check with them and see.

--
----------
Tom "Pepper" Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
& Kantankerous Patio Geezer
Please post replies only in the newsgroup.
----------

Quote:> ok, I get the option that I can set to check every time I
> open a page, but why does this ONLY happen on the pages of
> MY website that I'm publishing in FP2002?  Why don't I see
> yesterday's CNN homepage until I hit Refresh?  Is there
> something I can put in my code or a setting in FP that can
> override this setting in IE so that it automatically
> pushes through the newest version of each page?

> thanks again for your help

1. FP 2K, Shared Border width is not correct until, the page is refreshed?

Hello Everybody:

I've been using shared borders for years, never a problem until now. My Top &
Bottom shared borders, the tables are set to 100% width then I publish to
site...

When I view these shared borders they are about 1/4 inch from right hand edge
of page, If I refresh these pages they go to 100% side to side perfectly like
they are suppose to do.

If I go to another page & come back it has that same 1/4 inch gap on the right
hand side again until I refresh the page again. Does anybody know what's wrong?

Thank You for Your Time!
DJ5A

2. Copy & Paste Image from ClipBoard

3. Images Don't Show up in IE 4.0 until refresh

4. Setting share "browsablility"

5. FP2002 not compatible with IE6??!!??

6. East Coast Retreat/Space Available

7. Javascript sluggish until refresh

8. IPX with Ethernet?

9. Show hyperlink until a date

10. How do I do a page refresh and a refresh to another page?

11. cell background won't show until you scroll down?

12. Can not view web page with IE6.0

13. Margins Tab Does Not Show Up In FP2002